Chapter 5

Eleanor stares at him unaffected by the threat he led in front of her. Without any second thought, she charges towards him. As soon as she strikes her sword at him, he blocks it with his bare hand. Her mask cracks for a moment before it reverts back.

"A Vlad-class, huh?" she keeps on swinging her sword in quick succession while he blocks it.

"Your perspective is quite sharp, young lady. I can turn my skin hard as diamond." He notices her rank on the badge, "So your rank is lupus? Judging by your speed and attacks, I can tell that you should be in rank of dragon." his eyes gleams in bright crimson color, "How are you going to protect humans with my ghouls attacking specialists outside?"

"Commander, we have been ambushed by ghouls!" Specialists speaks from other side.

She narrows her gaze and immediately replies, "Brian, position snipers in 11'o clock, 2'o clock, 5'o clock and one on rooftop of the school. You are in-charge of commanding them."

"Roger that." A young man with dark brown hair presses a button on his earpiece, "Snipers from Squad C and Squad D, get ready to take your position. Squad C spread over in 11'o clock and 2'o clock and Squad D in 5'o clock and rooftop of the preschool."

"Roger that." Squad members take their positions as assigned by the young man. "We are ready to shoot." another voice answered.

"Squad A remain standby until further orders. Squad B continue fighting."

"Yes, Sir!" Soon shooting was heard in distance.

Brian joins Squad B in front lines. Six other specialists were standing behind him. He turns around, "We have to rescue other trapped citizens when Commander is fighting against the Vlad-class vampire."

"Yes, Sir!" Specialists answers.

"But first, we have to deal with these monsters first!" He charges head in with other specialists following him behind. He remembers what Eleanor taught them today, "Ranks does not matter when it comes to slaying vampires. They are but blood-sucking creatures."

The wall of the school breaks with the vampire thrown out. The vampire charges towards Eleanor with his punch but she blocks it with her broad side of the blade. She jumps back standing straight. Her eyes glows in blue color with gleaming veins reaching down to her chin. She raised her sword closer to her face. Two fingers gently graze against the flat side of the sword igniting it in blue flames.

"Spirit of fire. Chapter 1. Burning flow." she dashes towards him appearing him in front of him. The next moment she stands behind him sheathing back her sword. She slightly turns around seeing his decapitated body.

"This technique... Senior John's technique."

"Is she the unparalleled genius..... Senior John's daughter?" Brian and other specialists stared at her in awe.

Ghouls growls as they were released from vampire's control. Some charge towards Eleanor while others runs different directions. As one of them dashes towards her, she slashes off the head.

She looks at Brian, "Brian?"

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"Position Squad A at the exit gateway. Protect the civilians until they have been rescued by medics."

"Yes ma'am."

"Squad C and D spread across the area where ghouls left the range. Find them. Spare no one. I'll deal with the ones that are approaching towards me."

"Yes, Ma'am!" As per her orders, all the squad members leave their rifles and picks up their swords quickly running vanishing in dark.

She loads the gun as she steals a glance at Brian, "You are in charge of giving orders to Squad C and D. Go, aid them."

He smiles, "Yes, Commander." He runs off to other direction.

She aims at the ghouls charging towards her in horde. She starts shooting as well as using her sword. She runs out of bullets so she continues using her sword. Aria and her daughter was escorted out with medics. She sees her fights against ghouls all alone.

"Mom, it's that Miss who saved us yesterday. She looks so cool when she is fighting! I also want to become like her when I grow up!" Lise says as she stares at Eleanor. Other kids pops out hearing what she said. They watch her in awe.

Just then a suspicious looking woman was dragging herself slowly towards the crowd. She didn't have arms, instead she had really long blades causing friction on the ground. Aria looks scared as her looks looked like she came out of a horror movie. Eleanor picks up a scent of an evolved ghoul. She stops swinging her sword looking around. She kicks down the ghoul that was attacking her. She picks up a pistol and quickly reloads it and runs towards the ghoul. She starts shooting which causes it to turn around. It weakens for a moment but it regenerated quickly.

"It's useless huh? Whatever." Her eyes glows as she runs towards it. She blocks all the attacks. She was pushed back as the ghoul's force was greater. As they clash with their weapons, "She must be already a S+ evolved ghoul. I must think of a way something to beat it."

[Young Eleanor was training with hand to hand combat with John. Eleanor charges towards him with continuous punches and kicks pushing him back. He uses heteroenergy in his fists to beat her. She was pushed back by blocking with both arms. Her arms were trembling after absorbing the attack. He smiles seeing her strength.

"You are a gifted one, Ellen." He praises.

"I thought heteroenergy is supposed to be used in swords. How are you able to use it in fists?"

"Heteroenergy is an energy that comes from your heart. It is an aura that you can manipulate however way you want." his hands engulfed in blue flames, "You can use it for martial arts, create fire or water... it's up to you." ]

She grips her sword even tighter and grits her teeth. Her eyes engulfs in blue flames. Blue veins reach her sword wrapping it on the blade. Her sword transforms into a broad sword. She started evading its movements. Brian and other specialists arrived to aid her but their eyes grow wide seeing her aura that engulfed her. She locks her leg position, spins around and swings her sword breaking the blades slashing off its head. She was breathing heavily. She feels her badge is retracting light. She straightens her posture and looks around her surroundings. Everyone were staring at her in awe. She walks towards Aria. She gently pats her head, "You did a good job. Next time, be considerate of your daughter before you jump into reckless situation, idiot." she flicks her forehead.

"Ow!?" Aria notices Eleanor's lips curled up in a small smile.

"Mom got scolded by Miss savior." Lise chuckles. Aria felt an arrow pierced through her chest her remark. She watches her retreating figure. She saw Eleanor's hand that held the sword was trembling.

She tried to sheath her sword but she notices her hand went stiff and couldn't take the sword off her hand. "My hands are trembling. I grasped the sword too tight."

Aria comes running towards her, "Wait!" she stops catching her breathe.

She looks at her, "Yes? Do you have some business with me?"

"Uh...let me help you to remove the sword from your hand." Aria says nervously.

"Sure." She slowly open the fingers which eventually she lets it go. She takes it from her hand. She could see that her hands are still trembling.

Noah comes running. He walks towards Aria, "If you don't mind, may I take it?"

Aria looks at Eleanor which she nods approving it. She extends her hands giving the sword to him.

_________
Glossary

Vlad-class: They are high-level vampires. They go through certain mutation that give them new abilities that new-bloods don't.
Threat level: B to S++