Chapter 8

Eleanor opens a drawer and takes out a small spray bottle. She walks towards Aria and hands it to her.

"What is this?" Aria asks while staring at the contents of the bottle.

"It is a repellent to keep away from vampires." Eleanor replies. She touches her head, "Don't be stressed out. We will be there at all times and if there's any problem in your area, just press the alert button on the watch and the nearest specialists positioned around the surroundings will arrive quickly to your rescue."

"Yes." She takes a small peek on her face. She could see a small gentle smile curled up on her lips which made her feel more reassured. "This is how it feels to be pat on the head." As soon as Eleanor lets go off her hand and leave, she looks upset losing her touch.

"There's one more thing I need to know. When was it you graduated?"

"It's two years ago."

Eleanor starts thinking about possibilities regarding previous massacres. And she asks, "Aria, I need you to bring me the list of all the victims that died and most important information... which university they studied and the year they graduated."

"Yes. I'll bring it once I find it."

She flashes a charming smile, "If I need your help in other way then I'll let you know."

"Y-yes." Aria quickly turns around leaving the room.

"Brian?"

"Yes, ma'am?" Brian stands straight waiting for her next orders.

"Follow me to training room." He follows as per her orders.

She removes her overcoat, "Remember, we cannot take swords with us. It will only alert the vampires that specialists have infiltrated the manor."

"But how are we supposed to fight then?"

"Bring four wooden knives "

He walks to the shelf where wooden weapons are placed. He picks it up and walks back to her. She takes two knives from him and holds it both her hands. She suddenly turns around and lands a heavy blow on him.

"Argghh!!" he blocks it yet he was pushed back. She charges him and continuously attacks him in quick succession. He blocks her attacks but in the end he was thrown back by sheer force. He quickly regains his position ready to defend himself.

"Your defense is quite sloppy but not bad. Did you not learn very-close range fight?"

"I did not. I specialize in sword fight."

"I see. But since we cannot take swords, the weapons we can take are daggers and pistols. I am going to train you this short while. Come at me." she gestures her hand to come at her.

"Yes!" Brian again charges towards her again.

____________

Aria was having dinner Lise. She was stirring the contents of soup while lost in thoughts. She couldn't forget the Eleanor's charming smile. It kept on repeating it on her head. Lise looked confused by her mother's attitude.

"Mom! Mom!" She calls out.

"Huh-yes, do you need something?" Aria replies snapping back from her thoughts.

"You were acting weird and not eating food. You know it is not good to play with food, right?"

"Yeah yeah I know. I was just worried about things. It won't happen again." she takes a bite of a bread.

"Say mom, did you meet the cool lady today?"

"Yeah I did. She said to eat food and grow stronger." she ruffles Lise's hair.