Chapter 7

Aria was taking orders as her eyes fell on Eleanor again. She stared at her cold look working on laptop. She smiles taking other customers orders.

"Don't distract yourself." She made a drink of Eleanor's theme. She blinks her eyes once.... twice... thrice... her cheeks flushes red and screams internally, "What did I just make?!" she throws the cup, "What the heck am I thinking?!"

"Aria!" Cassandra shouts bringing her back to reality. She sees Cassandra's confused expression.

"Sorry. I'll clean it up." she takes a rag cleaning the mess.

They head out walking towards parking lot while talking but Aria seemed out of the conversation. Her thoughts wandered off to Eleanor. She didn't realize a car stopped beside them. The window rolls down revealing the driver.

"Whoa, nice car!" Cassandra chimes staring at the car.

"Thanks. It's a gift from my father." Eleanor replies. Her eyes fall on Aria, "I was wondering if I could drop Aria to her house since the place where I am heading to is pretty close to where she lives....so, what do you say, Aria?"

"I...um-"Aria stutters by the sudden proposition.

"She will!" Cassandra answers in her stead.

"What? But I-" she give her thumbs up. 'You can do it!' was her expression telling her.

Cassandra opens the door for her to enter then pushes her inside and closes the door. She waves her goodbye while watching the car drive away.

There was a tension in the atmosphere. Aria was feeling like she will get chewed up at any moment. But she wanted to know more about her. As if reading her mind, Eleanor speaks breaking the silence, "If you want to ask personal questions, go ahead."

She was shocked by her words. Someone like her who is secretive about her life... now she is letting her to ask questions. She looks outside thinking what to ask. She wanted to know about her personal life

"Who are you, really?" She blurts out. She covers her mouth realizing she spoke her mind.

"I am Eleanor Martinez. A beast rank level 3 Vampire Extermination Measures specialist."

"Beast rank?" she looks down thinking, "She seems young to reach such rank." she looks at her, "How old are you?"

"I get that a lot." Eleanor's lips curls up to a faint smile. She teases her, "It is not polite to ask a woman about her age."

She flusters and looks away to the window. Eleanor continues, "I'm going to turn twenty one this year."

"Do you want me to drop you off to school to pick your daughter?"

"No need. Her babysitter, picks her up on her way to my house."

"You trust that babysitter so much?"

"I do. It's already been three years since she is looking after her."

"Then I might drop you off to your workplace. Tell me the address."

"V.E.M. office."

"What kind of work do you do there?"

"I work there with paperwork and rearrangement of data analogues of previous specialists."

"I apologize for prying into your private affairs, why you are working two jobs?"

"I need money keep our roof on our head on stable and to look after Lise as well. I want to make her happy."

Eleanor's lips curls up to a small smile that shines brightly, "You are a....... good mother who wants goodwill for her daughter."

Aria smiles looking outside the window. Without any further questions, they stay quiet for rest of the ride. Once they reach their destination, they got down the car. Aria followed her. She admires the way low-ranking specialists greets Eleanor on their way out. She nods in response. Nyla calls out, "Hey Aria, can you help me with these folders?"

"Coming." Aria rushes to help her with folders.

Brian comes out of the office department. He approaches Eleanor with a greeting smile, "I didn't expect you would drop off a staff assistant."

"We both just happen to be going to same place so I gave her a lift. So which case we are going to solve today?" They head to her private office.

She sits down and opens the folder. "Ghost?" she read. She turns the pages showing the crime scene of the massacred people in a house. She turns more pages showing the similar pictures.

"It seems he is a binge bloodsucker. What's his threat level?"

"S+++ rated, Ma'am."

"I see. So he focuses on freshman party filled with rebellious teens hm? What about owners of these houses? Do you have any other information?"

"I don't know whether this information might help....." he takes out another folder showing profiles of the victims, "....they are the children of respective CEOs of the companies. One is Antoine. He was found dead in the scene." He shows another picture of another guy, "Another is Samir. His case is same as Antoine's."

She taps her finger on the table thinking, "I see so they are rich. Anything else?"

"Nothing."

Brian stood there waiting for Eleanor to say something. After a long silence, Eleanor suddenly suggests, "We are going to join the party of this year's freshmen batch - as undercover."

"What? But that's nearly impossible. There maybe bodyguards guarding the place after those repeated incidents. And we don't even have student ID as well."

She lets out a heavy sigh, "You are right."

"Excuse me?" Aria calls out anxiously. She anxiously speaks, "I overheard your conversation. If you don't mind, may I suggest something?"

"Go ahead." Eleanor looks interested.

"I can help you to infiltrate the freshman's party. I have been invited as graduated senior by Cassius, this year's party organizer."

"Hmm.... that sounds tempting." She gets up from her seat and walks towards her. As she came closer, Aria noticed Eleanor towers her with her eyes staring at her soul. She speaks, "I am happy that you are willing to help us but I need to know that you are doing this on your own accord. Remember, your enemy is not a human convict but a vampire or a group of vampires. If you get involved in this, you are risking your life as well as staking others lives as well."

Eleanor's words struck her mind making her wonder why she volunteered in the first place. She stares at Eleanor's eyes getting lost in thoughts. "I am a single mother who is looking after my four year old kid. I only suggested a little but seems like I got involved in a tight rope situation again."

"Think carefully before you answer." She heard Eleanor's voice again with her hands gently gripping on her shoulders.

"Since when did I become so brave all of a sudden?" she recalls Eleanor saving her, the very first time they met. She smiles, "I don't know why but she reminded me of someone from long time. Maybe because of that.... I trust her." she meets Eleanor's gaze, "I am joining on my own accord."

"Very well then-" Eleanor walks towards her desk meeting Brian's eyes, "- let the operation to exterminate 'Ghost' begin."