Chapter 3

Eleanor comes closer to Aria looking at her. She crouches down to her height and gently touches her daughter's head. Lise slowly turns her head around to see who touched her.

"It's alright child, there's no one going to hurt you anymore." She reassures her.

"R-really?" the child asks while wiping tears.

"Yes." She gently strokes her head calming her down.

"Your eyes...... they are beautiful." the child says still staring at her eyes.

She was taken aback by a compliment. She replies, "T...thank you." she looks at Aria with stern expression, "What are you doing here after curfew time? Aren't you supposed to be indoors after 9:30pm?"

"I'm sorry for the trouble I caused but...I couldn't find an uber or taxi to drop us... so we had to walk to reach here." Aria replies hesitantly.

"I'll escort you to your house. Lead the way."

"Y-yes." Aria tries to get up but she winces in pain. She noticed that she sprained her ankle. She hesitantly says, "I...I sprained my ankle."

"...." Eleanor picks her up in her arms, "Is this better? Tell me which way is it?"

Her cheeks were flushed red. She couldn't look into her eyes. She could smell her strong woody perfume wafting from her body. She points her fingers towards the building, "T-t-this way."

"Little kid, can you stay close to me so that you don't get lost?"

"Okay." Lise grabs her overcoat ready to go.

Aria told her the floor number and flat number. Lise opens the door and they head in. Eleanor helps her sit on the couch and heads to kitchen to get some ice pack and first aid. She comes back and crouches down. She removes her shoes and starts treating her injury. After putting bandage, "Don't strain your leg too much. It might take a week or two but if you push yourself to hard then it will a little while longer."

"Thank you Miss for helping us!" Lise shows her toothy smile.

"Just doing my job. Take care of your mum." She ruffles Lise's hair.

She stands up walking towards the door to exit. Suddenly Aria asks, "Your name?"

"Eleanor." with that she closes the door and Lise locks it. She rushes to her mother's side, "Mom, does your leg still hurt?"

"A bit but I'm still fine." she stares at the door still feeling Eleanor was there, "It is as if she is still there. Why did I trust her? Is it because she saved us?"

________________

Eleanor was guiding the cleaners and coroners to clean up the scene. She gets a call from John.

"Yes, Sir?" She answers.

"Good evening, Eleanor! What is report?" John asks from other side.

"Yes. There were forty five ghouls and one half-evolved ghoul. He had the intelligence of human. I will send the corpse of evolved ghoul to Lohan for further analysis."

"What about casualties?"

"Zero casualties and two injured specialists."

"That's good. I have a proposal. Would you like to listen?"