Chapter 1

Moon and stars shone lighting up the path. Clouds were drifting after the rain. Water splatters from rain puddles as they stepped on it. Five cops were chasing after a man bathed in blood. They immediately spreads out surrounding the man. A motorbike stopped near the house where the crime scene occurred. A feminine figure got down. She removed her helmet revealing her raven colored hair with red highlights. She placed her helmet on the bike and walked past the police officers and coroners heading inside the house.

One of the officers stopped her, "Civilians are not allowed beyond this point." he notices a badge designed in tiger's head with two swords crossed behind its head pinned on her black blazer.

"A V.E.M. specialist?" She walks past him heading inside the crime scene.

She crossed the tapes and stares at the shriveled corpse of a woman. She was in late thirties and was bitten on her neck for at least five to six times. She glances at the officer, "What happened?"

"Neighbors heard screams and called the police. When we arrived, the victim was already sucked dry." the officer replied.

She left the crime scene walking outside, "Did you catch the vampire?"

"The vampire ran off right after killing her. Officers are chasing him down."

"Where did they head off to?"

"That way." he pointed shady alleyways. She started walking the other side of the alleyways.

"That's the wrong way." she ignored him and continued walking. She vanished in sight. He looked at another police officer, "Is she crazy?"

"Don't say bad about her. She is a V.E.M. agent." the other police replied.

She reached the place where the suspect and the cops surrounded him. She was watching the fight the vampire put up to. But the cops were no match for his speed. Hence, they ended up getting hurt and writhing in pain getting injuries received from scratch marks.

"A new-blood hm? Seems like he was transformed a while ago." she reveals her weapon that was hidden inside overcoat.

"Arghhhh... I am still thirsty! I sucked my woman dry yet it did not satisfy my need! I need more!!" The man shouts. He raises his claws and jumps at one of the officer.

She suddenly appears in front of them and kicks his face throwing him flying to the wall. Her eyes were filled with pure hatred, "Then you are just being greedy." she straightens her posture holding on the sword's handle.

The man stood up wiping blood off his mouth. He glares at her with gleaming red eyes and charges towards her. She dodged his attack and looked at him with disappointment. He kept on throwing his claws but she dodged all his attacks. She kicks his jaw then spins kicking him hardly throwing him to the wall again.

"That hurts b*tch!!" He charges towards her.

She grabs her sword's handle standing in fighting stance. Her sword glows in bright blue as she unsheathes it. The sword's powers courses through her hands soon it veins through her eyes. She swings it swiftly slashing off his head. His head rolls over on the ground. She sheathes back her sword watching the body slowly disintegrate to an ash.

She walks back to the crime scene with reinforcements following her behind. She walks to one of the officer in charge of the case.

"Detective, this case is handled by V.E.M. and the case is closed. We will send the news of her death to her family." She says while staring at his soul.

"Yes. I appreciate it." The detective replied.

She nods walking away. She talks with one of subordinate and leaves the site in motorbike.

____________

Vampire Extermination Measures, headquarters

She stops her bike in parking spot and heads inside the building. She walks past the specialists who are staring at her with envy. She walks inside the office. She puts her overcoat on the coathanger and sits down on the chair to write the case she dealt with.

Just then, a man in early-forties with dark hair and bright personality enters her office. He is Red dragon-rank, John. She is his younger daughter and mentor. He walks in with two cups of coffee. "Ah~ Eleanor! You came! Here's your espresso." he leaves the cup near her computer and he goes to his work table.

"How was your mission?" He asks while sipping on his coffee.

"Piece of cake. Not even matching the strength of the position I am in." She replies while typing on keyboard.

"The number of vampires are increasing day by day. It's been centuries since our ancestors are fighting against them. If only there was someone who could stop it then..... maybe innocent people won't turn into one and the world would be in peace." John stares at his reflection on the coffee.

"Sir, don't let those emotions get to you. It is our job to protect and kill so that innocent people don't get infected."

"Sometimes, you talk like your mother." he gets up from his seat, "Why don't you tag along with me to sparring room? I would like to see how much you have improved."

"Sure."

They headed to training room to practice. They were holding wooden swords pointing at each other. They charges clashing their swords at inhuman speed. They jump back staring at each other. She notices glowing blue veins spreading from John's eyes reaching it to the sword. The sword gets engulfed in blue flames and suddenly he appears behind her. She ducks down dodging his attack from sideways. She hits him on the abdomen with her elbow. He takes a step back while she flips quickly moving to other side. This time she also uses the same mysterious energy and dashes towards her teacher. Both the swords hits causing electric sparks to spread out at a small distance.

Soon an informer enters interrupting their training. He opens the file, "Specialist Eleanor, a new mission case for you. I hope you both please refrain from using heteroenergy during training."

They take back their swords retreating with the energy vanishing. She walks to the informer taking the file from him.

"Ghouls have been spotted in City C. Numerous people went missing during the time of night. You must head there as soon as possible." The informer speaks in monotonous tone.

She turns few pages and closes it handing it back to informer, "Got it. Sir, I'll see you in few days."

"Yeah. Good luck and take care." John waves her goodbye.

She nods walking out of the room. She wears her overcoat and takes necessary weaponry from ammunition room. She leaves the building heading out. She starts the motorbike engine driving to next town.

______________________________________
Glossary

New-bloods: Recently transformed into a vampire from getting bitten by Vlads or Pure-bloods.
Threat level: D and E

Ghoul: They are fallen vampires. Basically, they failed to transform into vampire. They possess no will and mercilessly kills everything in sight. They cannot come under sun.
Threat level: A to S+++

Heteroenergy: It is a special skill used by specialists. It is an aura that is acquired through a person's strong will to protect or kill. If the person wavers during its usage then he/she will face a backlash causing them to have severe internal injuries.