Chapter 2

[Rainy night. It was raining heavily. A young teenage girl was running from someone. Her clothes and hair were disheveled and was soaked in rain. She was crying and screaming for help yet there was no one to hear her pleas. Soon a hand grabbed her hair-]

The young woman opens her eyes breaking in cold sweat. A little girl was calling her looking worried. She sat rubbing her eyes. Then she runs her fingers through her ash colored hair.

"Mom? Are you alright?" the little girl asks.

The woman smiles reassuring her and hugs her, "I am. Why don't you get ready for school?"

"Yes!" the little girl runs out their bedroom. She peeks from doorway, "Mom, can I have french toast for breakfast?"

"Sure." she replied getting down from bed.

"Yaay!!"

They left the apartment after getting ready. She dropped her daughter at school. She waves her goodbye walking away.

Coffeeshop

Her colleagues Tania, Cassandra and best friend Louisa waves their hands at her. They were setting up coffee machines and other equipment. She waves them back walking towards them. She wears apron getting ready to work. She stands at the counter waiting for a customer to arrive anytime.

"Hey girl, when are you getting a boyfriend?" Tania chirps outs with a smile.

"I-I have no interest in relationship." she replies hesitantly.

"Why? Are you gay?" Cassandra asks with a smirk.

"What? No. I..... just don't want to be in relationships." she looks down.

"Well, there are some pretty girls you can date." Cassandra continues to tease her.

"Oh oh... I am into tall girls with handsome face." Tania says raising her hand.

"You see that lady in heels?" Cassandra points at the glass outside where a woman wearing formal wear walking, "They are my type."

"Well... what about you, Aria?" they look at grey haired girl.

Aria looks down, "I am not interested."

"You are so boring." Tania lets out a sigh.

"Don't pay attention to her words, Aria. You are free to do whatever you want." Louisa pats her back.

"Speaking of boyfriends, my boyfriend is taking me on a date tonight." Cassandra says with a bright smile.

"That's great girl." Tania hits Cassandra's back.

Aria averts her gaze to the door taking order from a customer, "What is so fun about having boyfriends? Just looking at them makes me remember the awful past."

"me... excuse me?" Aria comes to back to reality from her trance.

The customer asks her looking worried, "Are you okay? You got the wrong order."

She immediately bows apologizing, "I'm sorry. I'll take your order again."

Louisa steals a glance at Aria. She looks down feeling guilty while continuing her work.

______________

"Thank you for taking care of Lise for me." Aria thanks the babysitter for taking care of her daughter.

"No problem. Please be careful during night. I heard vampires are crawling around this area." Babysitter leaves the apartment.

"I will." she closes the door behind.