12. JULIET AND THE WORRIED BOYS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

March 1975

When Juliet Potter woke up, the first thing she saw was Remus Lupin. He was sitting on a chair, his face slightly illuminated by the lamp on the table. She could tell it was nighttime because of the darkness surrounding them.

He was thoughtlessly playing with her fingers, not noticing her waking up.

"This must be heaven." She joked in a soft raspy voice.

The boy's head snapped to her and immediately he leaned closer to check on her. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I came back from the dead. Pretty sure I saw Mrs. Moustache." Her wound did hurt like hell.

The werewolf couldn't help the smile that made its way to his lips. "Who's Mrs. Moustache?"

"My rabbit, of course."

Juliet did have a rabbit when she was younger, but the poor thing died while James was watching her. He felt awful and it took him a lot of effort to make his sister talk to him again.

"Of course." He nodded with a playful smile, still unconsciously playing with her fingers. "What happened?"

"Ah, the million dollar question." She smirked. "I fought a bear."

Remus raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Really?"

"No." She chuckled. "But you believed it, didn't you? From now on, I'm gonna tell that to everyone. It makes me look ten times cooler."

"I mean, I believed it because I saw the bruise." Remus pointed out, worry in his eyes. "It looked awful."

"Yeah I'd look terrible in a swimsuit now." She sarcastically grinned.

"You'd look gorgeous in anything." The tall boy reassured making Juliet look away shyly. "But seriously, what happened? You got us worried. James didn't leave your side until curfew."

The youngest Potter bit her lips nervously. She didn't know how to break the news to him. She didn't want him to avoid her if he found out that she knew. Not again.

"I.. Was in the Forbidden Forest." She saw him gulp.

"... Why?"

"Mulciber tricked a first-year Hufflepuff into going there, and impulsively I went to find her on my own." She paused. "I found her, and she's safe but um..."

"Juliet." He pressed her to finish her sentence.

"I saw... you."

The room was silent for a moment. And when Juliet finally looked up, she saw a horrified look on Remus' face. He pulled away from her, stepping away from the bed. She got out of bed carefully, and approached him, with slow steps.