20. JULIET AND THE PARTING

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

Summer 1975

"I think about you, Juliet." He declared after pondering on his choice of words.

The brunette stayed silent, reflecting on his words. I think about you. What does that mean?

Her doubts begging to be confirmed, she opened her mouth to respond when a knock was heard on the door. "Come in." She said instead, with a sigh, not meeting Remus' eyes.

"I made sure to knock this time!" James said proudly, walking in with a small smile.

"And yet you still found a way to interrupt us." Remus groaned, annoyed, turning to face his best friend. "Mate, it's your timing you gotta work on, we talked about this, come on."

Was it the third time something like this happened? The fourth? It was slightly infuriating, Juliet had to admit.

"What happened?" The boy wearing glasses looked between the two teenagers sitting awkwardly.

"Nevermind." His best friend mumbled.

"You've got news from our parents?" Juliet changed the subject.

"I wrote them, expecting a response in the following minutes. I believe they might come pick us up by the end of the day." James shrugged.

"Oh." Was all Juliet said.

Truthfully, as overjoyed she was to finally spend some time with her parents, she did not want to leave the Lupin's home. Both twins had a great time there, and Juliet was now very attached to a certain adorable lady. But there wasn't really anything she could do about it.

Later that day, the Potters did go pick their children up. Hope Lupin had helped Juliet pack her things, making her promise to come back soon, and the girl could not refuse the woman when she wore that glimmer of joy and hope in her stare.

Not having the opportunity to talk to Remus for the rest of the day, she thought that perhaps, he no longer wished to discuss the matter, and truthfully she didn't know what she was going to say either.

If Remus Lupin did like Juliet Potter the way she was starting to doubt he did, more than friends, what would she say to him? There are a lot she needed to figure out on her side for she knew she did not want to disappoint him anyhow with giving him a rushed answer.

Perhaps that wasn't even what he meant, perhaps Remus Lupin meant an entirely different thing. She could not get rid of this possibility as it was plausible, and also protecting her from an eventual embarrassment.

She needed to figure out how she felt towards Remus because all she knew at that instant was that there was this foreign feeling of warmth and glee everytime she was with him. Plus, the events of the battle still had effects on her, she was unfocused and scared, this was no moment to decide such thing.

Hence, she made her way slowly down the stairs, James in front of her, carrying her suitcase. When she made it to the first floor, she was engulfed in her mother's embrace.

"I was so worried when your father came to tell me the news, I'm so sorry I couldn't be here earlier." Euphemia spoke softly, pulling back to look at her daughter. Juliet could see the guilt and sadness in her teary eyes and felt slightly less neglected.

She had a reason for not being there. She kept repeating to herself.

Saying goodbye to Lyall, Hope and Peter, she finally turned to Remus while her family were already making their way to their car.

"So..." She started.

"So..." He repeated with the same tone.

"I-I suppose I'll see you soon? At school? Unless you want to come over before that. You're always welcome, you know that." She rambled, before turning to the blonde a few feet behind. "You too Peter!"

"That's sweet Juliet, thanks!" He smiled and she turned back to the tall boy.

He stared at her for a moment before a small smile took over his lips and he nodded. "I'll see you soon Juliet."

Looking down and biting her lips, she whispered under her breathe. "Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

He realised what she meant when reciting that specific part of Romeo & Juliet. In that scene of the play, Juliet and Romeo were having a hard time separating from each other, the parting hurted them but it did also intensify their feelings. They are also anticipating to meet the next day to know where they could be married. They did not know what was coming but believed it to be beautiful. It did end in tragedy, but this was not a story written by Shakespeare.

He understood that she was telling him that they would have to postpone their conversation for when they would meet again and was alright with it. He preferred waiting to silence, because silence could only mean rejection while there is doubt in wait.

Slowly, Juliet backed away, then turned to walk to the car.

"I'll wait for you, Juliet." He stated, loud enough for her to hear.

And he knew she heard him when she looked back his way with a grin.

Getting into the car, the family waved at the Lupins and Peter, starting the car that began floating in the air, flying away soon enough in the direction of their own familial house.

* * *