66. JULIET AND THE WORST SUITOR

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

January 1977

Surprisingly, the gossips died quickly. But the group of friends knew that people were suspecting them. And they also knew that those whose parents were followers of Voldemort would be keeping an eye on them.

Yet it was somehow easy to keep the secret. None of them really had the time to be gossiping.

Not only were they submerged with homework, but they also organized many parties, including Halloween, Sirius' birthday, Christmas and New Year.

The kids however stayed at the school. The Potters didn't want to take any risk and told all three children to stay within the safe walls of Hogwarts, where Dumbledore could keep watch on them.

Juliet didn't know how to let her parents know that she didn't feel safe anywhere anymore, and certainly not around the school's Headmaster. But she kept quiet.

The Lupins suggested for the kids to go to theirs, but they were quick to refuse. Hope Lupin was a Muggle, and she would be in great danger if the main subject of a certain prophecy was in a three meters radius of her.

Actually, things were bad.

And it wasn't just the prophecy. Juliet was suspecting that the Dark Lord was aware of it because the attacks had gotten more frequent.

The Muggleborns didn't go back home. Some of them who did, did not come back in January once school started again.

Maybe they were yet another set of victims in Voldemort's collection. Maybe they moved away in hopes that they would be safer.

Nobody knew. And perhaps it was better if they didn't. You can't snitch on something you aren't aware of, and lives were saved.

Not that people would jut go and randomly spill the information, but the Death Eaters had an incredibly efficient way of obtaining what they wanted. And that was to torture the loved ones of the beholder of information.

Hence, no once could truly be trusted anymore. Juliet was scared, because she knew that everything was going to go downhill from there.

It had already started.

~

Preceding the end of Christmas break, the Potters were unexpectedly invited for dinner at the Avery's.

Sirius and James were promptly refusing to go, absolutely hating the idea to have to calmly sit at a dinner table with the little piece of shit that was Cassius Avery.

Juliet was also less than comfortable with the idea of going but it seemed that the invitation was subtly insisting on the presence of the children.

And so, the family of five got ready on a cold winter night and apparated by the Avery's Mansion.