25. JULIET AND POLYJUICE POTION

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

September 1975

The rest of the first official day seemed to go smoothly, Remus had managed to lift the Potter girl's spirits and she was no longer groaning at everyone like a guard dog.

Juliet was extremely excited for the potions she was to learn that year, as they seemed far more interesting than whatever else she learnt beforehand. Though she was already familiar with Polyjuice Potion, she couldn't wait until she knew more about Veritaserum, Felix Felicis and Amortentia, perhaps even Draught of Living Death.

The story about the Polyjuice Potion was not much of a big deal. In their third year, James managed to bribe her into making one so he could go spy on the other teams' Quidditch practices. They were never caught and no one found out. To that day it was still one of the twins' secrets.

They never thought about it much, but it was impressive for a third year to prepare an advanced potion. Successfully at that. Not much of a surprise though, that Juliet had a gift for potions and James for spells. After all, both of their parents were Aurors and their father used to be a cosmetic potioneer.

Anyway, Juliet had already eaten her dinner and while everyone else were in their dorms or in the Great Hall, she was peacefully reading in the nearly empty common room. She had no prefects duties for another week and no Quidditch practices for another month so she was enjoying her free time.

There were still no news from Regulus, he was staying away from his three best friends, refusing to even look their way. They decided they would try to talk to him that weekend no matter what happened, because even if he wanted time alone, they had to let him know they'll always be there for him.

Juliet couldn't blame him if he didn't want to talk to her. His brother did come to hers so maybe he felt some sort of betrayal from the Potters. But she wanted him to at least stay in contact with Pandora and Amos. Those people he hung out with, and with everything happening outside of Hogwarts, they were not good news.

The second she was back in Hogwarts, she forgot how dangerous it was outside. But she did notice how there were less students that year. The parents probably were scared and ran away with their children, though Juliet couldn't possibly think of a safer place than the school.

What she didn't know was that she wasn't the only one who noticed.

The common room's door opened and the Marauders faces lit up when they saw her. Rushing to surround her with idiotic smiles, the brunette shifted anxiously in her seat on the couch. Remus and Sirius on either of her sides and Peter and James crouching down in front of her.

She tried to hide herself behind her book but it was snatched and thrown away by Sirius, which earned him a punch in the stomach.

"My book!"