41. JULIET AND AMORTENTIA

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

Juliet was late for her Potions class. Not much of a big deal, it could happen to anyone. Actually, it did happen to her brother a lot.

But, the girl had spent most of her night thinking about what her and the boys had witnessed. She had so many questions she knew her mother would not answer, especially by letter. Maybe it was meant to be a secret. But the girl was rather nosy and she needed to know so she could at least sleep well for one night.

Why was Euphemia Potter holding a bloody sword in the middle of her children's school? Had she really killed the basilisk?

Repetitive thoughts that fried her brain. She started crying out of frustration at some point because her mind would not stop thinking about it even when she was trying to distract herself.

Why wouldn't anyone tell them anything? They were fifteen, they surely were mature and big enough to understand, weren't they?

Juliet didn't know why she was so obsessed with the whole situation. Her brain was telling her that she's been left out of too many things her entire life and she now needed in the secret.

Though, somewhere deep in her heart, she knew it was because she wanted to be useful some way or another. She had watched people die during her first battle ever and it had been haunting her even if neither her or the boys spoke about it again. If she could help prevent situations like those to happen ever again, she was willing to do anything.

But for now, she was simply running towards Slughorn's classroom. When she did make it, about eight minutes late, she hesitantly knocked on the door.

Juliet Potter wasn't really the shy type but something about entering a class later than everyone else, knowing they will all turn around to stare at you, was extremely embarrassing.

Given the permission to enter, she walked inside, ignoring her classmates' stares and looking straight at her Professor.

"Ah! Ms. Potter, I am glad to see you made it." He said, no trace of sarcasm in his voice.

Slughorn was not the extremely strict or judgy type of Professors, he was rather lenient, which Juliet was grateful for.

"My apologies, Professor. It won't happen again." She asserted.

"It is quite alright. Get your book out, will you?" Juliet nodded, pulling her book out of her bag and going to stand with the rest of the group. "As I was telling your classmates, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?"

Juliet could smell a pleasant odor but wasn't close enough to the cauldron to know. Kingsley Shacklebolt, next to her, raised his hand.

"Yes, Mr.-?"