61. JULIET AND THE VALENTINE'S DATE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

February 1976

Sliding down the cool stone was very unpleasant yet exhilarating. Since she was first to go, Juliet landed in a very low, very narrow earthy passageway that seemed to twist like a rabbit's burrow.

Though Juliet could not see the end of it because of how dark it was, she guessed they had to walk for a few minutes.

The girl suddenly stumbled forward, her boyfriend having landed right behind her and bumping into her back. He was however quick to grab her waist, stabilizing her stance, pushing her back firmly against his chest.

"So sorry about that." She could almost picture his smirking face without needing to look up.

"No you're not." She scoffed, slapping his hands off her.

Hands on her hips as he chuckled and pulled away, she saw him reach for his wand, incanting "Lumos".

"Come." He took her hand, starting to walk down the passageway.

It was a long way to go, and Remus seemed to know about it, which got his girlfriend extremely curious.

"How did you know about this?" She squinted her eyes at him as he continued to stare forward.

"What?"

"The secret passageway."

"I'm not telling you."

"Hey!" She whined, tugging on his hand and forcing him to stop walking as the ghost of a smile appeared on his lips.

"How about I'll tell you everything when we get out of here? It's a long way to go, and we may want to not waste too much time."

Groaning yet nodding her head in agreement she let him lead her down the passageway, him distracting her with various topics of discussion.

It seemed to be an hour later when they reached a large, worn stone staircase.

"Really? We ascended to go back up?" She glared at him playfully as he smiled sheepishly.

"What don't you understand in secret underground passageway?" He teased, walking ahead of her, his hand still holding hers as a form of subtle reassurance.

"So where do these stairs lead to?" Juliet spoke up after they reached what seemed to be hundredth and fifty stair.

"You're impatient." He pointed out, snorting.

"It wouldn't kill you to tell me, would it?" She whined.

"It may or may not. You wanna risk finding out?" He glanced back, amused.

Juliet pulled a grimace, letting out a sarcastic laugh, causing him to let out a genuine one.

"Alright, shoot your guesses."