67. JULIET AND THE UNBREAKABLE BOND

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

January 1977

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." The werewolf angrily muttered, the fork in his hand almost bending because of the pressure he was applying on it.

During dinner, now that they were back at Hogwarts, the boys were just told about Juliet's suitor. Remus was evidently extremely irritated and his murderous intentions were starting to show in his glare.

"Calm down Moony." Peter nervously said.

"Who the hell does he think he is? Telling his family to get MY girlfriend to marry him?" Remus stood up, glaring at the Slytherin table.

Juliet immediately grabbed his hand, preventing him to move. She gave him a stern stare and after a few seconds of eye contact, he sat back.

"Don't worry, he won't follow up the proposal." Sirius snickered.

"What makes you say that?" The blonde boy questioned curiously.

"Because dad threw a plate at Avery's head." Juliet replied nonchalantly, playing with her food.

A fit of giggles escaped both Sirius and Peter's mouths. James was surprisingly very silent, and Remus was still trying to calm himself down.

How dare he? The lad that inappropriately touched his girlfriend was now trying to marry her? Will she ever get peace? She had other shit to worry about.

While the conversation started to get more lively, Remus turned to his girlfriend, leaning in to whisper quietly.

"How are you feeling?"

Juliet looked up at him, with a somewhat sad expression. Yet a small smile adorned her lips. She let her stare fall on her twin brother and she sighed before looking back at her boyfriend.

"He knows now. They all know."

Remus looked down for a second. That's right. Only her best friends and Remus knew about it.

"Well, is that so bad?" He quietly asked.

"James hasn't spoken a word to me." She fiddled with her fingers. "Everyone has been walking on eggshells around me."

"They just don't want to upset you, love." He reassured her.

"But I'm fine, I'm not weak and I don't need the pity." She said louder than she intended.

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed the rest of the Marauders look her way, and she sighed, getting up to leave the Great Hall.

She initially did not tell anyone about what had happened on that dreaded night because of how difficult it was for her to put words on the horror of their actions. The discomfort was evident on her expression everytime she even thought about it, and so she believed it better to forget.