30. JULIET AND PETRIFICATION

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

October 1975

Juliet Potter didn't register what was happening until she faced the message painted on the wall outside Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, a petrified Mrs Norris below it.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir.. beware. In bold red could be read.

Dumbledore gave the Professors instructions, all of them except McGonagall rushing away. The Head of Gryffindor turned to the four sixth years with a serious stare.

"Lupin, Potter, make sure everyone gets back to their common rooms and no one gets out of there until further notice. Spread the word to the prefects you'll see on your way." She instructed the Gryffindor prefects who nodded slowly, then turned to the two others. "Potter, Black, go back to Gryffindor Tower now."

"What!?" James exclaimed. "I'm not leaving my baby sister!"

"We're twins." Juliet groaned.

"I'm twelve minutes older than you."

"You heard me, Potter." McGonagall glared, rushing away.

"James, it's fine, I'll be with Remus." She started pushing the two Marauders. "We'll be back soon, I promise."

"But-"

"Go!" She raised her voice, causing Sirius to sigh and pull the older twin away, ignoring his complaints.

"Come on." Remus nudged her and they both started to run in hallways, warning every students they met on their way.

After about an hour of running through the hallways of the castle to make sure they were empty, the two Gryffindors were finally making their way back to their common room anxiously, their wands in hand.

"This has to be a fucking joke, we don't even know what we warned everyone about." Juliet mumbled under her breath.

Remus didn't answer. "What the hell is the Chamber of Secrets?" He asked instead with a deep frown.

"What?"

"The Chamber of Secrets. That's what the message said. It's definitely in the castle right? But how could it be? The map doesn't show it." He voiced his thoughts.

"The map?" Juliet raised an eyebrow.

The werewolf's eyes widened when he realised what he let slip. "Um, nevermind."

"What map?" He ignored her. "Remus, what map?"

"It's nothing, please forget it." Eyeing his pleading expression suspiciously, she nodded, deciding to let it go this once.

They finally reached the Fat Lady's portrait, mumbling the password and walking in. "We're here." Remus announced, closing the door behind him.

They could see many students gathered there, mostly older ones, the younger kids probably sent to sleep. James rushed to the two when he heard Remus' voice, pulling his sister in for a hug. Juliet patted his back and pulled away, turning to the waiting students.