32. JULIET AND THE PROTECTION SYSTEM

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

October 1975

A lot happened after the four friends' discovery. More students were petrified, and the pattern seemed to keep repeating itself, as they were all in fact Muggleborns.

Students were terrified of the unknown. The atmosphere within the school walls was tense again, and this time it could not be put to an end with the help of a Marauder's prank. They had been told that the Ministry was investigating the issue, yet not a single student had spotted them doing so.

The four friends did not know what to do with what they've found out. They knew it probably would not be helpful to their Professors as there was a big possibility they already knew of the legend, and they weren't really willing to terrify the entirety of the school by spreading rumors.

But they also couldn't keep to themselves. Well Regulus did, he was good at keeping secrets. But Pandora was used to tell Xenophilius everything, and the other two were pretty much the definition of talkative and blunt.

"Say what now?" Sirius gasped.

The Marauders and Juliet were having a quick secret meeting in their common room, way past their curfew. In fact, Juliet had woken the boys up for her announcement.

"A basilisk?" Peter repeated, processing the information.

"Why the fuck is there a basilisk in what is supposed to be the safest place on Earth!?" James exclaimed.

"Slytherin had a basilisk?"

"Boys." Juliet sighed, causing them to quiet down.

"Hold on a second. The founders had heirs?" Remus questioned.

"Well, Amos said there were rumors that Madam Hepzibah Smith was Hufflepuff's heir. And apparently the Grey Lady was Ravenclaw's last heir, didn't have time to have descendants before getting killed by the Bloody Baron." The girl explained.

"The Bloody Baron killed the Grey Lady!??" Sirius said rather loudly, being shushed immediately.

"Pandora told me once that she had a talk with the Grey Lady a.k.a Helena Ravenclaw and apparently she ran away so Rowena sent the Bloody Baron after her but there was a whole story of unrequited love between those two so obviously she refused to go with him, which angered him so he killed her and he regretted it but it was too late so he killed himself." She rambled.

Remus smiled slightly. He loved the way Juliet told stories. She would get a bit overexcited, so she would talk faster and stumble over her words but nothing would stop that sparkle in her eyes. Sometimes it could be hard to follow but the werewolf's whole attention was constantly on her, and he could never get tired of it.