Company

He doesn't look over at me but instead goes over to my brother and they talk. I try to listen but their voices are so low I can't make out a word. They seemed to talk for hours when Josh, my brother, finally looks over at me.

"Harry will keep you company tonight," he says. I want to protest but before I can open my mouth he reopens his, "I'll be back later tomorrow," he promises. He leans down to give me a hug goodbye and slips a kiss on my forehead.

I never knew my brother emotional before but today seemed to be full of surprises. I kiss his cheek and let him go, but still not able to look over at Harry, so instead I reach over to the table where the food was set.

We sat in silence for a while. Suddenly a question comes to my mind and I speak without hesitation, "You never got over it did you?"

He looks away from the window and over at me and I see the worry lines that were never there before. In the four months I was gone I never wanted to look back, never wanted to see what it had done to him because I knew it hurt him just as well if not more than it hurt me.

He shakes his head and looks back out the window. Without hesitating he looks back and asks, " Did you ever look back?"

I hesitate answering, I look at his deep brown eyes and start to cry as I shake my head no. I see tears form in his eyes but he wipes them away and gets up to comfort me; I cry harder.

I didn't deserve his kindness or his comforting. But if I pushed him away I would feel empty so I let him climb in. When settled he starts to stroke my hair and hums Fireproof until I fall asleep.

Harry's POV:

She looks so peaceful asleep. I kiss her forehead and she shivers burying her face deeper into my chest, I smile as a memory comes to mind.
***
We are at my flat in the living room watching Titanic when suddenly a crash of lightning is heard close in the distance. She snuggles closer to me as the wind howls and shakes the flat. When asked if she was scared she shakes her head then another crash and she repeatedly nods and brings her knees close to her head.

I extend myself on the sofa and lay her next to me. She snuggles closer so as not to fall off. I wrap my arms around her and tell her to relax. She takes a deep breath and sinks closer to me her eyes shut and her breathing less shaky. I hum Fireproof and stroke her hair causing her and myself to fall asleep.

Megan's POV:

I don't want to admit I fell asleep on him but I did and it was extremely comfortable, his chest against my head, his heart thumping, everything was peaceful, or at least it was until Max decided to show up. The door swings open, his tear stricken face is red and swollen and his sobs are heartbreaking. I feel bad for the guy but I cringe, leaning more into Harry, he wasn't awake yet. I poke him hard careful not to let Max see. Max sees Harry next to me in bed and assumes the worst. I try to get up but remember it hurts too much. I poke him harder until he wakes up.

"OW!"

"We've got company." I say pointing up at Max.