Goodbye for good?

Megan's POV (continued)-
My brother speaks up when the boys leave.

"Harry? You should go catch up, really in fact I'm almost positive she would kick you out if she was awake"

I try so desperately to open my eyes because really I didn't want him to leave. I hear a huge sigh from one of them.

"Listen I'll notify you if ANYTHING changes."

"Anything?"

"Anything, Promise!"

There was hesitation, before Harry finally replies.

"Anything... Alright, I-I'll trust you." His voice seems to come closer, " I'll be back as soon as I can promise."

I feel his soft warm lips press against my cheek, I feel the warmth spread across my face down my neck and to the rest of my body. My chest moves heavily as I take a deep breath. I hear the door close slowly and my brother slide a chair next to me.

Harry's POV:
I regret it the instant I walk out her room I instantly want to turn around, I put my hand back on the door knob then I hear her brothers voice from inside, I could tell he needed some alone time with her by the crack in his voice when her says her name. I know he'll keep his promise, I turn up the volume on my phone and go to join the lads for lunch.

Megan's POV:
As soon as I hear my brothers voice my heart screamed for his hug.

"Hi Megan, it's Josh, umm."

I imagine him leaning against an arm of the bed his face red from trying to hide tears. I hear him sniffle.

"Um I-I miss you, Harry misses you. I miss your smile, your voice. I miss your voice how crazy does that sound huh? I miss my annoying little sister's voice." He chuckles. "It's kinda hard to talk to you when you don't reply so um lets try this."

I feel my hand get picked up and held I knew what he was up to.

"Megan, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand."

I try so hard I even try to wiggle my toes but I had no muscle functions back yet so I couldn't move. Josh sighs.

"That's okay maybe tomorrow then." There was a long pause, then Josh clears his throat. "Megan? I know you can hear me you just aren't at that stage of recovery yet, but I want you to know that this," he squeezes my hand, "will never go way, I will never go away. I am your big brother there is no getting rid or me. No matter how many idiots you marry and wether they fall through or not you will always have me. Megan I know why you kept yourself secret it's because, because you were afraid of being judged afraid maybe even of therapy and wether or not I would still want you around, I just want you to know I do want you around. I will always want you around."

I feel him kiss my hand and press it against his cheek. I feel tears fall not just on his cheek but mine as well, I try squeezing his hand again but still couldn't move my muscles.

Harry's POV:
Everyone laughs at a joke Louis made, everyone but me. I stare into my expresso waiting to feel a buzz in my pocket. Thinking I had missed something I take my phone out to turn it on, nothing, no notifications. I stare at my wallpaper. It was a picture of Megan and me. Her hair was up with a few strands hanging loose to the side, her smile small and quiet, her silvery blue eyes staring up at mine, and her gentle soft hands placed over mine resting on her waist. Me on the other hand, my teeth where showing and I was smiling ear to ear. I look down at her my hair covering half my face my arms wrapped around her waist from behind. Gosh how I missed her, missed us.

"What's eating at you Harry?" I hear Louis concerned voice from beside me.

On my other side Niall chimes in, "Yeah you look like you haven't eaten in days."

"Well what do you expect? The man just about lost his girlfriend." Liam says in a hushed tone across the table.

My body tenses at the word girlfriend. I hadn't told anyone about the dream I had with me and her in the park. It seemed too real. I could never be good enough to be her boyfriend but I had to try, but the fans, the paparazzi, ME, it was all too real. Not wanting them to hear me I excuse myself from the table and go for a walk. I hadn't noticed but I was going back upstairs to her room. I didn't know what I was doing but I knew I could never be good enough not for her. How could I possibly keep her if I couldn't protect her? Suddenly I was in front of her door I raise my hand to knock but couldn't bring myself to do it. I rest my head on the door quietly and whisper goodbye. I put my hands in my pockets and walk away forcing myself not to look back.

Megan's POV:
I felt a wave of cold energy surge through me, as if someone I love had  died taking a piece of me with them. My body is covers with goosebumps, and I hear my brother snoring in the corner. I hear the door open but a lady's voice is heard, where was Harry? I needed his strong arms around me his soft kiss on my neck, I needed his soft curls to tickle my cheek. Instead I hear a soft nurses voice as she runs some test.

"Megan if you can hear me , squeeze my hand..." Nothing. She flicks my feet, my toes, she tests my knees. All with nothing. "This is not good." She mutters practically to herself. She leans in closer an gets down to the level of the bed where my head was at. "Listen Megan you really need to start moving soon. Your brother is here, a boy who I assume is your boyfriend is here, all his friends are here, so why don't you just wake up okay? I promise nothing bad can come from you waking up only happiness. So please if not for me do it for them, do it for your brother, do it for him." She stands,  I hear her footsteps recede, and the door shut.  My brother somewhat stirs but still snores not fully awake. I see dim sun through my eyelids and knew a few hours and everyone would go to bed. I listen intently for Harry any sign of him in the room, nothing. My heart starts pounding I hear it on the monitor speeding up. Where was Harry?!