Because I love her

Harry's POV:
I don't know how this happened or why it happened. But we just sat there waiting for the crowds to disperse. I listened for any sound suggesting security or police but none came. Instead I just focused on Megan and keeping her calm. She was a lot like Niall in this way never into crowds around her.

I hold her close and whisper little things in her ear it seemed to calm her down, and she relaxes.

The paparazzi snatch the opportunity and yell questions and flash more cameras, Megan tenses back up again.

Anger flares in me through my blood all the way to my brain and out through my mouth. I imagine my words like knives.

"Back off will ya?! It's hard enough keeping her calm when your not around, you all make everything ten times worse! Not to mention you can't keep your mouth or pens from running and ruining everything we love and care about in this life! Why do  you all think we're that interesting? There you happy now? Just back off!"

"Harry?" I hear another one of the lads voices on the distance. "Harry!"

I see brown hair bouncing our direction bodyguards by his side.

"Over here guys!" I yell waving my hands above my head to show where I was.

The hair turns my direction and comes walking faster toward us. It only took a few seconds for the paparazzi to split and make the circle bigger around all of us. Thankfully they had brought security close behind. I scoop Megan up in my arms and swiftly walk through the crow as they part from security.

"Told you we should've left when we had the chance." I hear Liam say gritting his teeth. I just rolled my eyes this wasn't the time or place. We get back inside the building. And back up to Megan's room. I sit with her in bed as she clings to my shirt. We decided to order food instead. I look over at Louis who hasn't taken his eyes off Megan since we escaped the mob. The food arrives and I take it as an opportunity to slide out from beneath Megan and talk to him.

He was standing with his back to the window. "Sorry about your nose." I mumble standing at his shoulder facing out the window.

He doesn't lose his focus on Megan but through gritted teeth asks, "Why'd  you do it?"

"Do what?" Confused as to which "it" he was referring to.

He takes a quick side glance my direction, "Any of it?"

I didn't know how to reply or what for that matter. There was no rhyme or reason for anything I have done the past few days. "I was scared of the future." Was all I could say.

I hear Louis sigh, "Who's to say you aren't still?"

"I say."

"How do you figure, what makes you so sure this won't happen again? How are you going to provide her protection?"

"I'm going to ask to ask her to marry me."

Louis' head quickly turns over his shoulder to look at me. "Are you serious?"

I went through the words again in my mind I'm going to ask her to marry me. Did I want to do this? Am I in the right mind for this? Do I love her? "Yes." I whisper it firmly so there was no sense of doubt.

Louis raises his eyebrows his arms folded across his chest. There was a knock at the door as a nurse comes in with medicine.

"Everything is looking good might be a couple more days and then you can go home but it'll be strict bed rest for a week after that." She smiles looking at Megan she gave her a smile back best she could.

A couple days is more than enough time. I look over at her brother who was finishing up and knew it was now or never.  "Josh can we talk for a sec?"

His anger was still burning from earlier this morning but I have to try. His jaw clenches as he lets out a, "sure."

We move away from the bed a bit, "I was wondering if you could give me permission to marry your sister?" I wait for the rejection, I wait for it all to backfire.

His jaw clenched a little tighter but I could tell he knew this was coming. We speak in hushed tones, "Harry, you have given me no good reason these past few days to let you go near my sister let alone marry her. Why is today any different than yesterday?"

Not what I was expecting, this gave me a glance of hope, a glance on what the future could hold. I think hard about that answer.

"Your right I gave you no reason to into the last day or two, but I am still going to stand by what I said when this all started. I'm never leaving her again. I can't put her through that, not again. I love her."

"I'll think about it." He says going back to sit in the chair by her bed.

I've made my plea now all I can do is wait.