Blackout

Harry's POV: When I finally wake up I look around; I'm in a room alone. My mind immediately goes to Megan alone in her room. I get up and walk towards the door but before I could reach for the handle the door opens and Josh enters.

"How is she?" I ask immediately.

"Um... Not good."

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I ask a little more forceful than usual.

"Sit down first" he says gesturing to the bed. I don't want to but I do it anyway "She... Kinda passed out"

I jumped from the bed and he puts his arms on my shoulders and pushes me back down.

"NO! LET ME GO I HAVE TO SEE HER!"

He keeps his grip strong."LISTEN HARRY! LISTEN!"

"NO I PROMISED!"

"SHE'S IN SURGERY!"

This gets my attention, I stop struggling and sit on the bed dumbfounded. Josh's voice quiets down.

"It was about half an hour ago."

I feel my face get hot and tears start to form in my eyes. I look up at Josh and his eyes are full of tears as well.

"Did they give a reason?" I ask.

"Re-broken ribs and the lack of oxygen. You see, when you left she started up again, you know hyperventilating. I tried calming her but she wanted nothing to do with me."

My red face now has a greater purpose. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch."

Josh's face hardens, "Did HE do that?" He asks harshly.

I give a hard nod, he gives a furious sigh and leaves the room to go for a run, he always did that when he was mad.

I sit on the edge of the bed and think. I think back on how it happened, I close my eyes and see it. Max picks up Megan roughly and she screams my name. I run to her picking him up, away from her. She slammed into the bed, I should've gone back to her, but instead I continued to beat up on him, ignoring her constant plea for us to stop. My rage got the better of me, maybe it was even partly my fault.

Megan's POV:

I can see myself back on my front porch swinging on the swing. Watching as I look out at the long driveway and waiting for the rusty bumper of his car and the loud music to come up the drive. I see myself stand as the music gets louder and the bumper bouncer. The window was rolled down and his hair blowing in the wind. I lean up against the wooden poles of the porch and smile as he pulls in.

"Hey love, ready for tonight?" He asks opening and closing the car door behind him leaving the car on.

We were going to the ball that night, I remember feeling anything but ready, but he assures me I looked amazing and we headed out. The music cranked loud and my head on his shoulder with no worries, this was the life. Or so I thought, I watch time fly and each my own memories. After awhile it stops in a place I wish it hadn't, it was the point where I felt not needed in Harry's life, not noticed, and unloved, which was completely untrue but I could only watch the scene unfold. My feelings get confused and I stop everything. Feeling an empty hole, I fill it with a boy by the name of Max who I thought at the time was amazing. I want to scream "No! Stay away, go back!" But being a ghost in my own dream it does nothing.

After a few months I remember missing Harry, missing the warm hellos and the heartfelt goodnights. But he was gone on tour and never coming back, not for me. I think to myself instead of yelling it this time, Yes he is! Instead I ignore the feeling and involve myself deeper with Max. I watch myself get drunk with him and I get in the car as his sober friend drives us to his house. We get in his bed and I turn away not wanting to see what happened next. I turn back and see myself wake up not remembering how she got to his house that night but waking up to a breeze on the small of her back where her shirt should be. I watch her sit up quickly...