Chapter 24

Evanescence - My Immortal

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

For majority of my life I lived in Mexico, away from my family, well my biological family. I lived with the Mafia. The Mexican mafia. Which I later found out was my families rival.

And just to clarify, my family is the Italian mafia. Anyways I was held prisoner in Mexico, I literally never had a bed, I was locked in a cage in a cold, dark basement.

I rarely ever had clothes, I was naked majority of the time. I was fed once in awhile, well more like when they could get round to it.
I usually was fed half a slice of bread, scarps of their dinner and a bit of water.

They kept me locked up like a dog, especially when I was a child. I never left the basement, I only got to see sunlight through the tiny vent in the wall.

I started training at the age of 4, I was trained in all styles, different teachers, different weapons, different techniques. Give me a weapon and I will be able to use it on anyone or anything.

At age 5 I started to fight teenagers, either the children of people in the mafia or other prisoners.

I remember, one time this guy beat me so hard I was on the brink of death and once he was stopped I looked into his eyes and I saw nothing. Like he enjoyed the trauma he inflicted on me. It was ok, I trained harder, I fought harder, to survive.

At age 7 I started to fight adults. Let me tell you they were brutal, I still got the scars to prove it.

I suck on my thumb and wipe the makeup off my back. I shifted to show Ace the massive scar, it was a long wonky line across my back. It's almost gone but it will mentally be with me. I laugh at my action, remembering the pain that was inflicted on me.

Back to the story. At age of 8 I was sent on assassination missions. This was the first time all my life I could see the world. When Jose, one of my abusers, would tell me about a new job I would be so happy. Escaping the same four walls. I would go to different places. I would put clothes on, makeup and be given cool weapons and assassinate people.

I remember my first job.

I had to go to Asia, I think the Philippines I don't really remember. I had to go to this house. From what I heard the man didn't pay his debt so I needed to kill the whole family and cut off their head and put in on long sticks in front of the house. So I did just that.

As soon as I reached the door I bursted through the door, I remember the older woman giving me a confused look before she could ask why I was there, I ran up to her as stabbed her in the heart. Her kids next to her scream for their mum not knowing she's already dying. I pull out the knife and stab the three kids until they were soaked in each other's blood. They all collapse on the floor crying for each other. Deep down I felt bad. But a part of me liked it. Watching them cry in pain, panicking begging for mercy. For once I'm in control, I can cause the pain. Not being the victim of it.

I get up and wait on the torn up sofa waiting for the man. I waited 30 minutes until he walked in. He saw his family dead on the floor, he cries out his wife's name and cradles her dead body. Then he goes to his dead children's body and cry for them. I chuckle to myself silently so he doesn't notice my presence.

Well until he saw me, drenched in their blood giving him and evil smile. He grabs a big knife out of his pocket and charges at me. I grab my elbow blades and slice his head off in one swift move. I look at his dead, detached body on the floor. Spewing out blood. I slice off the rest of their heads and put them on the stick for everyone to see. Then once I completed the mission I go to see Jose, he wasn't even impressed with how well I completed the mission. He just slapped me that night instead of beating me until I pass out.