~8~

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

As Carlos and I were filming a video for Ferrari we got a question to answer. 'Who had the most hours on their screen yesterday?'

Carlos: " I had.... 4 hours and 34 minutes."

Charles: "I WON! I have 18,5 hours."

Carlos: "that's not to be proud off!"

Charles: "but I won!"

Carlos: "that means you had 5,5 hours of sleep..."

Charles: "ah no no no no! I was face timing and then we both fell asleep. So I did sleep more."

Carlos: "was it your girlfriend?"

He wiggled his eyebrows while looking at me. God how I would love to tell him that it was the girl I was dating. I only promised Celine to keep it a secret because it's better for our careers even tho I wanted to get it public.

Charles: "no, I don't have a girlfriend."

Carlos: "ahhh.... So no dating?"

Charles: "single as can be."

We both laughed and continued the video. Afterwards I went to my private room and sat down on the small bed there. A knock was heard on my door and after opening it Carlos came inside.

Carlos: "tell me about her."

Charles: "who?"

Carlos: "your mystery girl."

He wiggled his eyebrows again at me. I was shocked. How did he figure it out. I swallowed before sitting down beside him.

Charles: "that obvious?"

Carlos: "a tiny bit. Tell me. I won't tell anybody if it has to be a secret."

Charles: "uhm... do you remember the story that I told you, about my childhood best friend."

Carlos: "ah the girl without a name that left for France. Yes I do!"

Charles: "it's her."

Carlos: "what's her name?"

Charles: "Celine Laurent."

Carlos: "as in the Olympic medalist?"

Charles: "Yes. That's the girl."

Carlos: "ah she seems like a great girl!"

Charles: "she is... she really is."

Carlos: "you have to introduce her to me!"

Charles: "when she has the time I will. She's now training for the European championships and if she gets selected she can go to World championships so I don't know when she has the time."

Carlos: "that's okay."

My phone started vibrating and I saw Lin was trying to face time me. I picked up and Carlos stayed on the bed. The call connected and I saw her lying on track. She was all sweaty and I could see a bit of her soft yellow sport bra. Her breath was unsteady and heavy. She was training.

Celine: "hey Char!"

Charles: "are you okay Lin? You look tired."

Celine: "they are killing me. We have been training for at least 3,5 hours. Save me!"

A soft huff came from my sight making me look at Carlos with a shock expression as he saw and heard Celine. I shot him a soft smile before turning my phone towards him.

Charles: "this is my teammate Carlos. He found out about you. So he and Axelle are the only ones who know right now."

Celine: "hi Carlos. Nice to meet you!"

Carlos: "always good to meet an Olympic medalist."

A giggle left Celine her mouth making me smile. She and Carlos started talking a bit but it didn't come thru until my name was mentioned by Carlos.

Carlos: "you should take Charles and me for a training. We would probably beat you."

Charles: "mate! I tried already. She doesn't have a stop. No jokes!"

Celine: "ah let the guy try Charles. Gives you something to laugh tho."

Charles: "when can we meet again. I miss you."

Celine: "uhm... I know that Zandvoort has a few athletics centers close. So I would think that that would be possible. I only have to book a hotel then. I will just go by car as I need to be in Belgium after the weekend for health check up before Europeans."

Charles: "you can stay at my room."

Celine: "ah no I will book one for myself. You need your rest."

Charles: "please."

Celine: "okay good. I have to get ready for 10.000 meters! See you later. Oh trainings are apparently live to watch whenever we train so you can watch if you have nothing to do!"

Charles: "okay good luck! See you!"

She hung up and we zapped thru the little tv in my room finding the Tv channel. After a few seconds Celine appeared on the screen showing how she set a world record for the 10.000 meters. 30.13 was her time. After that she was down on the ground. An assistant with a bucket of water and a spong helped her to cool down with it and another one gave her a cold bottle of water.

Carlos: "holy shit! She's fast!"

Charles: "she broke the world record... SHE BROKE IT! HOLY SHIT!"

The man who did the talking was absolutely out of his mind just like us. The screen remained on Celine. Her eyes were closed, a medic came over to check on her as she shouldn't be down this long. It was at least 30 degrees Celsius out there and the sun was shining fully on them. The medic checked her over real quick before she said something that made one of the assistants run off. After a few minutes she came back with a can of coca cola. She needed sugar. Celine downed the drink before she got pulled up. She sat down in the shadow as she was a bit overheated. The screen was now set on some of her teammates that were running their round now as they splat the group in 2. I was waiting for an update of Celine. Not long after I found her in the corner of the screen. She was doing some small exercise in the shadow.
////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was doing good again. A sigh of relief left my mouth. They were setting up the hurdles and they showed all of the girls again. Celine, Axelle and another girl were pointing and talking to things on the track. Probably discussing what was the best way to go over or something. They took place on the start blocks and then they got their start sign. They got off easily and went over. Celine was about 2 steps in front of them when they crossed their finish. Immediately they all got a sponge of water in their neck and over their head. The water rolled down their body's cooling them a little bit. They all sipped on water and sometimes splashing it in their faces. After the second half of the team went there was one girl who fainted. They all got handed a bar of chocolate to get some sugar because of the heat. They got a a few minute break again. Axelle and Celine were stood in front of the camera's flexing their muscles before bursting out in laughter.

Carlos: "she looks like so much fun."

Charles: "she is. I think you would get along great together."

(A/N: school started again :((! Updates might take a bit longer but trust me they will come!)
(1174 words)