Chapter Three: Race to Namek

[Nitrate POV]
-----------------//-]

It's been just over twenty years since myself, King Cold and Frieza first introduced ourselves to the Saiyans of Planet Vegeta, and seventeen years since my younger brother decided to blow them up out of fear of the legendary Super Saiyan. I didn't attempt to change his mind because I knew that he wouldn't listen to me, and I also required Goku to be sent to Earth and become a kind-hearted person before he eventually left for Namek.

Now, I was sitting in my chambers reading as I awaited the perfect opportunity to leave for planet Namek; I needed Frieza's scouter to be destroyed before I could leave, otherwise I might arrive far too early for the final battle against full power Frieza and Super Saiyan Goku. However, I was starting to get a little bored of waiting.

After another two hours of endless torment and boredom, my little brother's scouter finally shut off, signifying the beginning of his battle with Prince Vegeta. Sighing to myself, I stood up from my bed and exited my personal chambers. I decided to inform my father that I would be heading to Namek to help Frieza due to losing contact with his personal scouter device. Nervous for the young tyrant's safety, father allowed me to depart immediately.

I swiftly ran towards the docking area of King Cold's ship and rushed into my personal shuttle, slamming in the coordinates for Namek. I anxiously listened to the humming of the ship's engines before it finally took off into the endless void of stars towards the doomed world of the Namekians; I knew that the likelihood of me being able to convince my little brother to admit defeat and leave the planet was exceedingly low, but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

However, deep down in my heart, I knew this would probably be the last time I ever see Frieza alive, until his eventual return in 'Resurrection of F'...

[Time Skip - 3rd Person POV]
--------------------------------------//-]

Nitrate travelled through space within his personal ship, moving as fast as he could in order to reach Namek before the battle between Frieza and Goku could finish; if he wanted to gain the Saiyan's trust, he'd need to help him escape the planet and then offer an explanation for who he is. Of course, he knew it wouldn't be too difficult to convince Goku that he wasn't his enemy, he was just worried about the rest of the Z Fighters.

The ship continued rushing through space as it approached the green planet, eventually reaching the atmosphere of the large orb. Nitrate's ship began burning through Namek's atmosphere until it finally occurred; a powerful wave of chaotic energy enveloped the entire planet in magma and ash, concealing the once-green world in nothing but grey and red.

Nitrate finally reached the surface of Namek and quickly left his ship parked on the top of a large hill, where it would be safe from the abundance of lava and ash-ridden smog that was building up across the planet. Almost instantly, the powerful Icejin managed to sense the Ki of both Frieza and another Saiyan-like essence that was undoubtedly Goku. Wasting no more time contemplating, Nitrate took off towards them.

Nitrate: "*Sigh* This is it, where everything will change for me..."

He managed to reach the two warriors after twenty minutes of flying, where he witnessed both Frieza and Goku flying through the air whilst throwing a myriad of punches towards each other. Nitrate watched with slight intrigue as Frieza rushed towards Goku at an alarming speed, throwing his fist towards the Saiyan's gut. However, predicting his movements, Goku swerved to the right and did a twirl in the air which sent his foot into the tyrant's chest, cracking a few ribs in the process.

Both of them continued clashing -producing large quantities of heat and electricity- before Nitrate finally had enough. Moving faster than the two of them could comprehend, the older Icejin appeared behind Goku just a few feet away, instantly catching the attention of his younger brother.