Chapter Seven: Round Two, Nitrate Vs The Androids!

[Nitrate POV]
-----------------//-]

The cold air pushed against my body as I looked out towards the vast ocean, the sound of the water crashing against nearby rocks ringing through my ears. I allowed an aggravated sigh to escape from my lips, feeling a sudden wave of anxiety overtake my Arcosian form; if I let any of these three Androids get past me, Goku's life may be in jeopardy.

So far, I'd tried my hardest to follow the original story and ensure everyone levitated towards their intended role within the story. Now, however, I was planning to make a serious change by facing against all three Androids at once, taking Piccolo's original role from Dragon Ball Z. The Namekian chose to head to Kami's Lookout instead, leaving me on the defence.

Pushing such negative thoughts from my mind, I continued waiting above the crystal-blue ocean whilst forcefully lowering my power level in an attempt to hide from my opponents. My own level of stress  continued to rise with every second that passed, dreading the moment that Androids 16,17 and 18 would reveal themselves.

In an attempt to calm my heart, I began thinking back to my recent experiences within this world. How I'd managed to befriend Goku -one of my childhood heroes- and forged a new life on this alternate Earth. I pondered on Chi-Chi's immense hospitality after spending a few months helping her family, the way she'd thank me for assisting with dinner or cleaning the bedrooms.

Eventually, I shifted my memories towards the other Z Fighters and how they slowly began to warm up to me. Though they still treated me with some amount of suspicion, I acknowledged that they'd stopped worrying about whether or not I'd stab them in the back every time I was looming within the same room.

My fond memories were unfortunately cut short -however- when I heard three individuals approaching me from the air. I immediately opened my eyes and began scanning the area, reminding myself that I couldn't sense the Ki of Androids. Eventually, I noticed three blurred figures quickly rushing towards my current position, stopping once they noticed who I was.

17: "God dammit! It's him again."

18: "Maybe we can take him; we've sparred together a few times since we last fought him."

16: "Negative. The gap between our power is far too great to be closed within such a short amount of time.

I glared at the three with immense distain, watching as beads of sweat began falling down the faces of Androids 17 and 18. Meanwhile, Android 16 was analysing my 1st form in an attempt to find any structural weaknesses. It wasn't long before he completed his analysis and informed his teammates of the safest course of action. The three of them seemed to be developing a strategy, this could be far more difficult than I originally anticipated.

16: "The softness of his skin indicates he's not efficient in direct combat. Perhaps if we fight him together, we can take him down."

17: "That works for me. I've been itching to get back at the overgrown lizard for what he did to me."

Silence overtook both myself and the Androids as we locked each other in an intense staring contest, waiting to see who would make the first move. Unfortunately for them, I was far more patient than Androids 17 and 18, and watched with some form of satisfaction as both cyborg siblings rushed towards me. With one swift motion, they kicked their legs behind them in an attempt to gain more speed, their feet coming mere inches from ocean.

The salty water beneath us exploded into a powerful wave that followed behind the two, enforcing the immense power behind their movements. I lowered my form into a battle stance as I prepared to counter their attacks, only to be caught off guard as Android 16 suddenly appeared on my right and punched me in the cheek.