Chapter Twenty Two: An Evil Heart is Found

[3rd POV]
-----------------//-]

Goku and Dabura were currently lost in a blur of punches and kicks, the latter having an obvious advantage. He gave the King of Demons a powerful kick in the gut which had a noticeable impact on his physical state. Blood oozed from his mouth as he struggled to regain his focus, granting the earthborn Saiyan a chance to land another hit on his face.

From the nearby grasslands, overlooking a lake, the others stood with opposing reactions to Goku and Dabura's fight; Nitrate and Gohan seemed relatively entertained, despite knowing the true difference in power, meanwhile a certain Prince of the Saiyans loomed beside them with both arms folded against his muscled chest. The Supreme Kai was an absolute mess as he watched the two warriors battle.

Supreme Kai: "I...I can't believe what I'm seeing..."

Gohan: "Yeah, I guess it's pretty amazing."

Vegeta: "*grunt* Please, it's a waste of time if anything."

Gohan: "Do you always have to be so pessimistic?"

Vegeta scowled towards Gohan, eventually focusing back on the fight between Goku and Dabura, but his true desire had not shifted. The source of his ire stood next to him, a content smile growing on his alien face. He seemed to be happy with the lacklustre performance, and the obvious waste of time that was the fight, and this angered Vegeta further; how could Nitrate, of all people, be enjoying this?

Goku seemed to be holding back some of his power, but the amount of strength Dabura managed to force out was definitely commendable. The latter screamed in fury as a wave of fire exploded from his mouth, creating a cone of heated energy that shot towards Goku. Fortunately, much to Dabura's surprise, the Saiyan easily dodged the attack.

Nitrate: "The man is weak, but you gotta hand it to him. He definitely has the skill to at least keep up with half of Goku's Super Saiyan power."

Gohan: "I know. After Cell, I never expected to find other warriors who could prove a challenge. I guess it just goes to show how big the universe truly is--"

Vegeta: "Oh, will you two nitwits shut up!? This fight is a complete waste of my time! I'm stepping in to finish this childish game, once and for all!"

Gohan: "But dad's just getting started! He's barely had time to test the waters, Vegeta!"

Vegeta: "I don't give a shit!!"

The harsh words from Vegeta caused the entire landscape to grow silent, as if the realm was judging the prince for such colourful language. Gohan and Supreme Kai looked between themsevles with disbelieving expressions, but a certain Icejin merely turned towards face Vegeta to gloat:

Nitrate: "Goddamn, you're in a terrible fettle."

Vegeta: "Don't you DARE!"

Nitrate: "Oh, I do dare! Very much, in fact."

Supreme Kai: "You're both acting like children--"

Vegeta/Nitrate: "SHUT UP!!" / "SCREW OFF!!"

The Supreme Kai flinched and immediately looked away and focused on the fight between Goku and Dabura, not willing to test either warrior's patience more than he had already pushed them. Gohan stood awkwardly as Nitrate turned his full attention to Vegeta and mocked his mood.

Unfortunately, Dabura took notice of Vegeta's sudden shift and decided to retreat back to the ship. He was brewing a plan that could potential speed up the release of Buu, and Babidi would surely jump at the opportunity. The world in which the five of them stood transformed back to normal, leaving them completely bemused.