Chapter Ten - Free Time

[Nitrate POV]
-----------------//-]

Three days passed since my battle with Trunks. After Cell absorbed Android 18 and announced the Cell Games on live television, I decided to return with Goku and visit Chi-Chi. I spent the first day relaxing in my guest room -- lovingly prepared for when I returned. Once the second day arrived, I began spending time with Goku and Krillin.

Vegeta came to see me once to discuss Trunks' behaviour. Much to my surprise, the Saiyan Prince took my side in the argument and gave his son an ultimatum about challenging me in the future. I didn't know the contents of said 'ultimatum', and I wasn't sure I wanted to find out, but nevertheless I thanked him for the support and trained with him.

With nothing to do, and no one to visit, I decided to wander the nearby forest. There was still another week before the Cell Games officially begun, which meant I could get a few days of proper training once someone was free to join me.

As I continued thinking about increasing my power level, I sensed the familiar presence of Piccolo approaching from behind. The energies were rather small compared to my own, but that was to be expected. I chuckled to myself before turning around to face him. He wasn't even shocked that I knew he was there.

Piccolo: "It's been a while, Nitrate."

Nitrate: "Indeed. What brings you here?"

Piccolo: "Straight to the point, hmm? That's fine with me."

There was a momentary silence between us, Piccolo closing his eyes in deep contemplation. It seemed that whatever he needed from me, it was extremely important. The most likely scenario was that he wanted to question me about Perfect Cell and understand my personal opinion on the Cell Games.

Piccolo: "Do you think you can beat Cell with your current power?"

Nitrate: "Obviously."

My response was instantaneous, without any hesitation, earning a shocked look from Piccolo. He seemingly didn't expect such a confident answer. However, I wasn't planning to change my mind on the topic; my 4th form could easily keep up with Perfect Cell, and that wasn't even the height of my true potential. 

There was still my 5th form to be revealed.

However, I could understand why the Namekian was caught off guard -- I hadn't revealed my 4th form's true power to the Z Fighters and my 5th form was so secret that not even Frieza or King Cold knew about it. These thoughts were at the forefront of my brain as I continued watching a chocked Piccolo. He nodded, considering my words, but I noticed him sweating.

Piccolo: ". . . If you're certain you can win-"

Nitrate: "I am, Piccolo."

Piccolo: ". . . That's good."

There was a long, awkward silence between us. Piccolo moved his gaze towards the surrounding trees, listening to the shuffling of branches and the chirping of birds. Meanwhile, I began smiling to myself upon the sudden realisation that I could probably destroy anyone in the following arcs until Beerus arrived.

Piccolo: "How do you think Goku and the others will fair?"

The Namekian's question caught me off guard, and I folded both arms against my chest as I considered it; Goku and Gohan were somewhat stronger than whatever power they held in the Cell Saga from both the manga and anime, mostly due to my own interference and training, and the other members of the Z Fighters had also received their own boosts in strength.

Nitrate: "Honestly? I don't think Goku stands much of a chance. I mean, he could definitely put up a decent fight, but Cell has amazing abilities. No one else can really compete with people like me and him; we're too strong in comparison."