Chapter Twenty Three: Prince VS Prince, a Fated Duel

[3rd POV]
-----------------//-]

Nitrate stared into Vegeta's eyes in disbelief, not sure how to react after hearing such a passionate speech. The Icejin considered what to do as the Majin-Saiyan glared towards him with a toothy grin, a torrent of dreadful thoughts and intentions flowing into his mind.

Nitrate: "...Is this truly what you want, Vegeta?"

Vegeta: "More than anything."

The prince's lack of hesitance earned a hurt expression from both Goku and Nitrate, the former still confused as to why Vegeta would act with such cold disregard, but now that he had heard the man's words, the latter understood everything; the second-most responsibility for the pain of Vegeta's childhood was on his shoulders, and the Saiyan prince wanted him to pay with his alien blood.

Nitrate released a shaken breath as he was reminded of the major screwup he had performed. He stood watch as all the Saiyans were erased from existence, their home obliterated by his mentally unstable brother and controlling father. He wondered how everything had come to this, and what he'd done different given the chance, but thinking about that in such an important moment would not prove helpful.

The paled alien clenched his fist. He harboured every bit of regret, shame, anger, and self-resentment he had and then focused it on the magician Babidi -- who watched the show in amusement. He almost lost himself at such a thought, a vein bulging on the side of his head, but Nitrate ultimately managed to keep himself stable as he suddenly screamed:

Nitrate: "Babidi! You want to collect energy from our fight, then move us to the nearest desert away from civilisation! These are my terms for facing Vegeta!"

Supreme Kai: "Wait, w-what?!"

Gohan: "Mr Nitrate, you can't be serious?"

Goku: "H-Hold on, if you guys end up fighting it will--"

Nitrate: "Shut up, all of you!! Vegeta wont give up until I accept his duel! Either we fight each other in a quiet place where no one else can get hurt, or we let him kill civilians!"

There was a moment of deep contemplation between them as the potential benefits and drawbacks of Nitrate's words formed in their minds, eventually leading to them moving back and allowing him to go through with his plan. He was admittedly surprised that the Kai was allowing a universe-shaking battle to occur, but he was fast to remind himself that the Kai was too weak to object to his scheme.

Gohan and Goku stood beside each other as Nitrate and Vegeta remained in place. The wind seemed to freeze as a strange, unfamiliar feeling overcame everyone's forms. It earned an awkward shiver from the onlookers as even the Supreme Kai was beginning to feel the supernatural spell.

Suddenly, the entire landscape changed within moments, revealing an expansive desert with large rock formations in the distance

Suddenly, the entire landscape changed within moments, revealing an expansive desert with large rock formations in the distance. The air became much hotter than before, the group of five tensing their muscles in response. Nitrate had looked around for a moment before glaring back at him.