Gone.

For two weeks, I've sat, no texts. Nothing. Just sat and slept and cuddled with Ashton, because he's warm all the time, and he was my only kinda best friend out of the group.
Waking up the last time I saw him, to find a flower and a blanket smelling of him, and a note that made me numb. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"- yeah that's bullshit.

Princess,
Business came up, I'm sorry. I'll be back whenever I can.
- Luke.

I spent two weeks trapped in this appartment, thinking maybe he'd come back maybe in three days. Tops.

But no, it came to this, the pit in my soul growing deeper and deeper.

I called for Calum. "He's gone, he took his clothes, everything. Like he was going for a long time", my voice crescendoed into a mixture of sobs and anxiety.

"I'm on my way to get you, just get ready, you will be okay Indie," he placated.

I sat there for 20 minutes in the feetal position, and every inch of me shuttered, I couldn't bare the idea that he'd left me. I heard the clack of the door, I knew I was safe now, safe from the thoughts that could haunt me. The memories, his smile, the way he'd laugh when I bit his lip, the way he held me, and more importantly the way he'd pull me back when I'd roll over the other side of the bed. He made me feel so loved, and in so many ways.

Calum picked me up, holding me tightly to his chest, placing me in the passenger seat of his range rover, kissing my forehead whispering, "You're okay Indie, you're okay" shutting me in we drove to the hosue. I fell asleep.

Calums POV

She looked so weak, like the light had been knocked out of her soul. What was sad was I think I knew what was happening with Luke.

A couple of months back he'd mentioned something about how his buisness back home was struggling, how he might have to move it to America, how the rest of our mates may be joining us. We laughed it off as if that wouldn't happen.

Well apparently it did, as a result of this, I'm now carrying this lifeless girl into our house. God she looked so sad, her eyes had bags that hung noticably. Looking at her I could see her saddness, she radiated it.

I laid her down in Luke's bed, tucking her into bed, I decided to attempt to call him.

I pulled out my phone.

The dial tone rang, he picked up on the third ring.

"CAAAAALLL"

He was drunk, he was always loud when he was drunk.

"Luke, where the hell are you?" I snapped bitterly.

"Some club in Sydney" he slurred back trying to make light of this

"Well come home, you left Indie, you left her behind and you have yet to attempt to contact her." I snapped, "Look Luke, I'll just tell her you're too busy fucking random girls, and getting drunk. Because I'm sure she'll love to hear about that."

The pure unadulterated anger I had for him.

"I-Indie?" he stuttered, he sounded concerned.

"I will tell her if you don't get your shit together," I threatened not at all holding back.

"I will, okay I'll get it together, gimme until Friday."

He sounded like he had sobered up quite a bit. After that we both hung up, I went back to check on her, she was still asleep. Lightly bringing the door too, I walked down stairs, crashing on the couch, lighting up a cig, I knew it was again house rules to do this, but fuck Luke's rules. Let's be real he treats her terribly somedays, and it makes me so angry, I could've gotten her. She was perfect, but him? He is the most disgruntled guy for the age of 25. He has money, but everyone in this house does. The only difference is we sold our stocks of his company and retired early in life, at the age of 20.

"How is she?" Ashton asked plopping down beside me. His hair hanging around his face.

I took a drag, "She's hanging in there more or less." God that made it sadder.

"I'm going to go cuddle with her," Ashton announced, "Someone has to keep her warm?" He already answered my pending question, which was "Why?".

Indie

I woke up in a dead sweat, gasping for air I woke up to a toned chest, and arms holding me. Ashton, radiated heat, my god. I sat up, yawning stretching every muscle I could.

"Goodmorning beautiful," he mumbled. Smiling I don't know why, it was Ashton he smiled at things always. He was just happy I suppose.

I looked at him, weakly giving him a smile. "Goodmorning" I sighed laying back down

"Do you need to go back to sleep?" He questioned playing with the lions mane I call hair. I nodded, "Okay, do you need me to stay with you?" I nodded again I needed someone to hold me. I needed to feel loved. I needed Luke.

Ashton adjusted to my sleeping position. I rolled over, he kissed my forehead, "Go back to bed, see you when you wake up".

I closed my eyes. It all went away.