Damn Dog

(a/n: I suck at this, and first chapters suck so please do me a favour and just embrace this, please, and pray to whatever personal God you do or don't believe in that I get better at writing)

It's strange waking up in a room you've spent all you're childhood summers in, and realizing you're going to be living in it for the next year, maybe more. I woke up to the open window, listening to the ocean about 3 minutes away kiss the shore and leave it again and again. I loved it, the white walls, the pale blue cotton sheets, and how big this bed was. I stretched every muscle left in my body, yawning then rolling over to find my phone, I had missed 2 texts from, my Grandmother,
From Grandma:

Hey honey, went to book club b back l8er walk dogs when you wake up

Lol.

From Grandma

Lots of love*

Her attempts to get along with technology, made me giggle. Rolling out of bed, I pulled on my gray leggings, and over sized long sleeve t-shirt. Applying make up to the train wreck that was my face, the bags under my eyes had been there way too long. Hair brushed out, looking like a lion, I ran downstairs. My Grandma, has two dogs, a golden retriever named Ellie, and a mutt named Iggy. Taking their leashes from the hook, hooked them onto the collars, and we ran out the door, until we left the drive way our walk was peaceful. The moment we hit the road, I was basically dragged. Letting go of Ellie's leash to control Iggy. Bad idea. She ran not into the neighbours yard, but their front damn door into their house.

"Ellie!" I whistled for her but she didn't come to me. After about five minutes, I was going into a random persons house. Approaching the front door, the stench of alcohol, weed and stale smoke hit my nostrils. Opening the door cautiously knocking to make my presence known, so I can say, "It wasn't breaking and entering officer, I knocked!" The floor was littered with bottles and bongs and God knows what. The patio door wide open, and in the back porch led to a pool, which contained an ecstatic dog. As I tied Iggy to the stair railing, I heard a moan from the couch, a guy laid there wrapped in about 5 blankets curled onto the couch. Taking it as he may wake up any minute. I silently sprinted to the pool, resting on the balls of my feet, approached Ellie mid lap, grabbed her by the collar and attempted to yank her out of the pool. I slid into the pool with a shriek, and then it all went black.

When I woke up, I wasn't in my leggings, nor was I in any of my clothes. But in a big white T-shirt and black skinny jeans. A big wool blanket wrapped around me. As I looked around to find the guy who was, when I cautiously entered asleep gone. Whoever he was, he had terrible habits yet such good music taste. The records strewn throughout the floor ranged from Sublime, to Nirvana, Blink-182. Just oh my god.

"You know, it's mid Feburary, swimming is typically not ideal for this time of the year right?" said the guy taking the last drag of a cigarette from the deck before properly stamping on it, barefoot dressed in his underwear. Grandma never told me about her neighbour, her very attractive neighbour. His features were defined, crisp, perfect almost and every nerve I possessed died when I saw his beautiful ocean eyes. The lip piercing made me stop breathing.

"You're Grandmother told me all about you, and the pictures, she showed quite honestly didn't do you justice babe," he said playing with his lip ring, "I'm Luke."

"Indie," I managed to remember my own name momentarily.

"You took quite a fall princess," he laughed, "I'm glad you're okay and all, but you're going to have to stay here until your clothes dry. Also I did have to dress you. Since nothing was clean, or too big, I basically gave you the shirt off my back."

I blushed, feeling embarrassed, I looked down at the idea of a random person pretty much saw me naked.

"You do, however, look pretty hot," he said licking his lips slowly.

"Damn dog," I muttered looking over at Ellie who was laying on the couch next to Luke. I shivered a little as the breeze came through the window.
"Come lay on the couch," Luke suggested casually, "I'll make you some coffee." He got up found a cigarette tucked it behind his ear making his way to the kitchen. I slowly rose from the chair, and hurled myself on to the couch. God he was perfect, and I felt so stupid. Yet I'm so glad it happened.

My mind went wandering as my eyes fell heavy. Slowing falling asleep.