Truth

*Lukes' POV*

We sat there guns pointed at each other my heart beating so fast I couldn't catch it, my anxiety building up. She sat there her white hair gone as I had remembered it, her eyes more vivid piercing my soul, no longer a kind warm vibe, and I couldn't feel anything.

"You look nice for someone who smokes too much pot" she quipped. I gulped trying to think of a wittier response. Glancing over at Harry, praying he'd help me out.

"You look nice for a raging psycho ass bitch," Harry said back his gun pointed at her temple. Beads of sweat had formed upon his brow, we had been at this position for quite sometime, and it was getting rather humid.

"I wasn't talking to you" she sneered viciously, "However," her tone quickly changed, "You my dear Harold, have gotten more handsome, why did I never sleep with you?" she laughed at her own comment.

She was crazy, I knew that. But I never knew she would ruin my life.

I forgot to tell Indie that I loved her. My heart broke then and there. 

*Ashton's POV*

Laying there with Emma in my arms, I couldn't fall asleep, it almost seemed as if my mind had figured out a puzzle. A complex puzzle, and it was so obvious, so so obvious. But my mind couldn't register the fact that it was so obvious, it ignored the simplicity, and went straight into the complexities of the situation. Finally, after watching the ceiling fan rotate at a deadly speed.

It hit me.

Carefully making sure I didnt wake Emma, I grabbed my laptop, and headed straight for Indie's room, waking up Michael and Calum along the way.
"Indie! Wake up" I flatly said, I wasn't going to whisper. This was important.

"Ashton, you crusty son of a bitch!" Calum angrily whispered, "I brought a girl home! Damnit and then this happens!"

Michael rolled his eyes "Calm it Nancy, somethings up. Or we wouldn't be up. Because if it isn't, Ashton will be sleeping out in the pool shack." He said cooly with threatening undertones.

Indie chuckled, "But no really Ash, why am I awake?"

Taking a deep breath, I slowly said, "I know who killed Luke's parents."

Suddenly you could hear a pin drop, everyone quick breathing almost, Calum's jaw was dropped "How-" he was cut off.

"More like 'who'," Michael continued.

"Something was always off about her, and I never said anything," I explained, "But at both funerals she attended, she left after his mom "killed herself", why that didn't raise eyebrows, I don't know." I paused, making sure everyone was picking up what I was putting down. 

"Go on." Indie encouraged quietly. Her eyes wide as saucers. 

"All I'm saying is that no one ever liked the bitch, and she was very shady, like suspicious, how she would come and go after every funeral, and the money she constantly needed. When we all knew she was perfectly financially stable." I continued. 

Suddenly Michael came to life, "I remember! That time I walked into her at Liz's wake, and she was on the phone talking about how something wasn't going according to plan, she seemed really panicked"

Calum slowly nodded, "Yeah, she always seemed like something was supposed to happen, after his dad's death, like something major."

"Who are we talking about?" Indie interrupted quietly.

We all three looked at each other, knowing our friend is in deep danger, keeping our other dear friend in the dark wouldn't be right. "Vera." 

"No," Indie gasped.

"She left after Liz's funeral, she took money from him, if he didn't tell you about that." Calum added, "She was constantly on the phone with her "boss", and honestly, she was really suspicious." 

"Guys, I'm trying to call Luke, but he hasn't picked up, and he always picks up." Michael said, a tone of fear tinged his voice. 

Looking at each other wide eyed, we some how knew the feeling, that he had been found. But how? How, and why? The room filled with fear, because we knew, she wasn't the one following us that night, she wasn't working alone, and we were left with no Zayn, no Harry, and no Luke. 

"Guys, I think we need to leave." Indie whispered, "We're currently sitting ducks, in the midst of open season, and the fact that she is there, and someon-" thats when it happened, the house shook, flames caught. 

To be continued