Past

"She had a face straight outta magazine

God only knows but you'll never leave her"

Luke's POV

In the days that came, Indie slowly began remembering who she was.  Ashton and I spent hours with her, helping her with slide shows of selfies of us, or her and pictures of people.

It was around four in the morning, I had just finished working, something I've rarely done ever, honestly. Rounding the corner of the stairs entering our room, I heard a faint sobbing coming from our bathroom.

Knocking cautiously, "Hello...?" I whispered audible enough for the other person to hear. 

"Go away Luke." 

It was Indie, a crying one, "Indian, I'm going to break the door down, in less than a minute if you do not let me in, and I'm not kidding." I demanded. 

I heard more sobbing, "Go away seriously Luke," she sobbed.

Quickly running out of the bathroom and into Michaels' room, "Quick where's the battery ram!" 

Michael sprang up from his book,"It's in the closet. Why?" 

"I need to break down our bathroom door!" I shouted.

With a nod, Michael sprang into action, going through the labyrinth that his is closet, when we had cleaning people come, we told them not to ever enter that room or closet, for we feared that R.Kelly may still be in there. Returning, he held the battery ram, he followed me back into my room, where the bathroom door was still locked, and I couldn't hear Indie, my heart stopped. 

Silently looking at each other we nodded in agreement, Michael got the back and I got the front of the ram, backing up at least five feet, we sprinted towards the door, with a loud crack the door was properly dismantled, and there she was, a stark naked crying Indie. In the bathtub, she sat there, her eyes red and puffy. 

"NOT LOOKING!" Michael shouted running out of the room.

I looked at her, with a cheeky grin, "I told you so." 

The only response I got from that, was a grin, it faltered, and eventually she began to sob again. 

I didn't say anything to her, quite honestly I did not know what to do, I had never see her this vulnerable, this helpless. Quickly, I began to run more warm water into the clawfoot tub, finding some soap, and shampoo, handing her the soap, she took the idea, and started washing herself. I wasn't going to take advantage of her being naked, and upset, that was wrong. 

Lathering the shampoo, I began to wash her hair, massaging the thick scalp of hair that was just so perfect, how multi colored it was for being brunette. I rinsed her hair with cold water, she shriek. 

"I hate you" she shivered.

I laughed, "No you don't, it makes your hair shiny, my mum taught me that." 

She got really quiet, "My mom taught me how to braid hair, when I was little...." she trailed off. I nodded, draining the tub, giving her a towel, to dry off. "Do you know how hard it is?" she raised her voice, I raised an eyebrow, "To remember? To remember everything you buried deep into your mind to forget!" she started to yell. 

"You don't, you have no idea, how fucking hard it is to remember who you are as a human,and how you are in life, and everything that matters, I had to remember my parents not wanting me. I had to remember coming here as a child, and being left here! Because their vacation was away from me! I was a terrible child, for nothing than the fact that I was unhappy with my life." 

"That I felt so empty, everything I ate never filled me. I only felt numb and sad. I don't understand where my home is, I don't understand where I am. How I am here? When everything doesn't make sense." 

She began to breakdown, slowly, I saw her crumble, I saw the love of my life, lose herself. I ran over to the tub, picked her up bridal style holding her to me, as she sobs.  

I lay down into bed, letting her cling to me, as if I was her only warmth. 

"You are a beautiful girl, the most beautiful one I have ever seen. The day you fell into my pool, was a day you fell from heaven." I whispered into her ear. 

I felt her smile, "I came here, because I tried to kill myself, because I was done with my never changing life, my mom was done with me, and so was my dad. They gave me two options, I could leave, and never come back, or I could stay at my grandparents. I chose my grandparents for the fact that they always made me feel more loved, and more valued." 

"You see, I was popular, in school, I played sports, I was a lone wolf, with a pack following. I didn't like it, I didn't like how I was seen as something I never really felt I was. Popular, I just honestly didn't understand. Then after my stint in a mental facility, I came back and no one wanted anything to do with me. So I became homeschooled, and then I came here." 

Indie looked up at me, a small smile, grew upon her face, "I love you." 

"I love you too." I kissed her forehead. 

I then moved her over so I could strip into my boxers so I could sleep. I threw her sleep clothes on the bed, and she slipped into them. Her eyes were still red and puffy, but she was still perfect, no matter how sad she got, she was still beautiful. I beautiful person, and still a beautiful soul.

Finally sliding into bed, she gradually made her way to lay on my chest, stroking her hair, I sang. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine-"

"You make me happy when skies are grey," she sang back to me.

"So please just know dear, how much I love you," I continued, impressed at how well she could sing, from what I heard in the car, she was tone deaf. 

"So please don't take, my sunshine," she continued, propping her chin up to look at me, grinning. 

"Away." I sang back kissing her. 

She was my sunshine, my only sunshine. 

A/N SO I STARTED COLLEGE RECENTLY SO YEAH! BUT PLEASE READ MY NEW ASHTON FAN FIC, BC WHY NOT. BUT TBH I FELT THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A BIG STEP INTO KNOWING MORE ABOUT INDIE, AND IDEK BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE READS AND LIKES AND COMMENTS AND KNOW THAT I ADORE YOU ALL SO MUCH.