Love Me

You've got a beautiful face but got nothing to say

"Why are you the way you are?" Luke sighed looking at Michael sitting on the couch eating an entire honey baked ham. He sat there pulling pieces off of it and handing those who wanted some the chunks of what was worth of the twenty dollar ham.

"Because someone has to be this way in order for everything in this house to be normal," Michael said offering me a slice, to which I declined, "Also, guys, I'm having a friend over, so be cool." he warned.

There wasn't an eyebrow that wasn't raised in complete and utter disbelief.

"Define friend," Calum asked skeptically.

"Just a friend," He said calmly until he looked up and saw the urgent look on everyone's faces, "Alright! Alright! If you all must know, she's a girl, named Mallie, she jogs in our neighborhood and one day I decided because I'd seen her run around enough to where I'd join her and see if she was you know-" he did a hand gesture, "Normal, and turns out, she's normal! Like the background checks were so thorough, and I mean dear God is she just absolutely perfect."

His smiled widened every moment he spent talking about her, his eyes held a gleam to them in which I don't think we'd ever seen before. 

Suddenly I felt Luke snake his hand around my waist, pulling me onto his lap, and holding me to his chest to where I felt his body heat radiate through me. Kissing my temple, he whispered in my ear, "You know, you're not normal." 

I turned slightly, giving him a puzzled expression, he smirked, "He met her on land, I had to swim to meet you." I rolled my eyes, attempting to hit him softly, he of course, caught my hand, and said, "No Indian, no." like I was some sort of puppy. 

"So how do you say her name again?" Calum asked. 

"It's MUH-Al-EE," Michael phonetically attempted to explain. 

I chuckled, "So when's she going to be here?" 

He shrugged with a grin on his face, a stupid smug little grin that made my heart so happy. 

I've never seen someone so genuinely excited to see someone they have a crush on. I sighed, pulling myself off of the couch heading towards the stairs, walking up the stairs, one by one. Feeling the cold hardwood against the soles of my feet. 

"You know, I'm still deeply in love with you," Luke's voice whispered softly in my ear, pressing me to his chest, "Like so very and kinky in love with you." 

I laughed, "Kinky? Of all adjectives, kinky?"

Lightly kissing my neck, I felt his lips form a smile, "Yes kinky."

Michaels POV

I sat outside the door, on our porch, waiting, hoping maybe she wouldn't stand me up like others had before. 

"Wow, you were excited." 

There she stood, her auburn hair, braided, her green eyes all lit up, happy. 

"Do you do this with all dates?" she asked smiling crookedly. 

"No, I just didn't want my friends to mispronounce your name to the point where you stormed out, and never talked to me again,"  I paused, looking at her raised eyebrows and amused look, "It was a worse case scenario that played out, and it didn't go that well," I explained, running my hands through my hair. 

"You're fine Michael," she smiled. 

She looks so graceful even in the pair of Nike shorts and a simple T-shirt. I had no backup plan whatsoever in case went wrong, like the date itself. I mean, my backup plan in case I made a complete idiot of myself, Indie told me to text Calum, and tell him to call me and act like he's going to the hospital, thus me having a perfect excuse to leave, and save myself a lot of grief. 

"So you run?" I asked casually trying to be smooth. 

"Yeah," she giggled, "That's kinda how you asked me on this lil date, you sorta popped up out of nowhere yesterday." 

All of the sudden my cheeks went red, I remembered, I stayed up all night because there was no way I was waking up at five in the morning to go jogging. I waited for her to make her way up the hill in the small neighborhood, and pass Indie's grandparents house, so the moment I saw her pass the house, I acted like I was done stretching, and just gradually joined in trying to keep pace with her. 

"I mean, I am still exhausted from my annual run, and when I'm tired, I tend to forget things," I blushed. 

"Wait for your annual run?" she raised an eyebrow, trying to suppress a laugh. Her teeth were so white and so straight, it was like looking at art. 

Making our way down the hill walking across the barren road leading to the little area that leads to the lake. "Yes, annual, it's a once a year thing I do my heavy running," I said matter of factly.

She understood my jokes, she always had a look of happiness glowing about her. Within twenty minutes of us walking along the beach discussing scenarios that wouldn't happen, and laughing at our own jokes, I went for it. Casually, I reached my hand out, nonchalantly, and intertwined my fingers with hers, loosely waiting for her to pulling away, in case this was not reciprocated, but it was. 

I felt, something I think I needed to feel, which was comfortable with myself. She's one of those people, who make you feel okay in your in own skin. 

(A/N, Hi, so since I've been gone for ages, if you have any questions, regaurding where I went, or whats happening with the story, or just homework questions in general, please feel free to ask, I promise I'll answer, and that the next chapter will be longer, sorry for the filler, I just thought Michael needed some love.)