Heaven Only Knows

"Where the end will go?

Will I ever know?

Heaven only knows."

(a.n thank you so much for the reads, and for the love and for being so patient with me, and READ BASICS PLEASE )

"Why are we still here?" Michael inquired laying on the couch. I tilted my head to the side "I have absolutely no idea." I mumbled taking a sip of my water. We'd been here for 2 weeks, and we no idea why we were in "hiding", in fact it was becoming stupid. How we all relocated, and had to move "temporarily".

As for Luke's parents case? Well so far we'd learned his father was probably poisoned. The man had no enemies, none what so ever, he was ruthless, but knew how to get rid of a problem. It was apparent no one wanted him dead in Australia.

Luke was slowly losing it, and by slowly I mean kind of all at once. He spent all of his time on the phone, talking to the detectives, talking to his clients back in Australia. Nobody told us anything It was rather irritating. When we went to the town for food, we were avoided, like a plague.

"Where's Luke?" Calum asked walking in from his room.

"Talking to another client," Ashton responded, rolling over to spoon with a very sleepy Michael.

"Where's Harry?"

"Here," Harry said walking down the steps, not alone, he was accompanied by a guy, sharp jaw line, mid night black hair. Along with a girl, honey coloured hair, big green eyes. Harry went out on the back porch for a smoke.

"Hey Zayn" Calum acknowledge the guy next to Harry, "Hey Emma."

Emma ran down the steps and wormed her way in between Michael and Ashton's spoon fest. Zayn looked at me, "So your Luke's new girl?"

My eyebrows instantly raised, what the hell did he mean "new girl"?

Casually playing off my mental debate, I smiled and said "I thought Michael was the new girl?"

"Bet your ass I am!" Michael said rather muffled.

Zayn laughed, "Michael wasn't your hair green last time I saw you?"

It was true, Michaels hair was now indeed bright red. We had been forced to order hair dye over Amazon, which kinda broke Michaels heart.

Michael sat up and started explaining how he was in a Joker phase, but I noticed, Ashton and Emma slowly slipping upstairs, "They love each other but don't know how the other feels" Zayn commented on my eyes wandering watching them. I raised my eyebrows noting his observation.

Getting up to find Luke, I wandered around the house, trying to find him. "Luuuuuke" I called.

"Yes Indian?" He mumbled, typing away at his desk.

Shyly coming to the door frame, "Am I allowed in, sir?" I mewled, looking at him with big eyes, pouting ever so slightly.

"Yes, babe come in." he responded looking at me.

Walking over to his desk chair, I sat on his lap, crossing my legs, wrapping my arms around his neck. I looked at his lap top at what he was doing, "Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Looking up who my father may have had killed, and quite honestly the list is endless. So many grudges," he sighed, shutting his laptop, running his hand through his very messy hair, "I had no idea how ruthless my father was, how heartless he was, except towards my mother."

"He loved her Luke" I mumbled, placing my head in the crook of his neck, yawning.

"Yes, and I love you", he replied kissing my forehead.

"I know you do"

All at once my eyes met his. I loved his piercing blue eyes, the way they drew me in.

"No, Indie, I don't think you do. I love you. I love you quite a lot, you met me in a time where I actually needed someone, you are the only thing keeping me together in this time honestly. Thank you so much princess, for being such a good girl," with those words slowly leaving his mouth my thighs clinched, "You're perfect, honestly." he kissed me, for the first time in months it felt like, I moaned, as he slowly slid his tongue in my mouth, he tasted like weed, and whiskey. He was stressed, and I didn't care anymore, he needed me and I needed him.

"Please get a room." Calum said dryly walking into the office.

"We're technically in one smart ass" Luke mumbled pulling away before putting his lips back to mine, syncopated.

"Well I want to know when we're getting out of this shit hole, and when I can go find a Indie." Calum mused, sitting in a chair in Luke's office.

Pulling back, Luke looked at him narrowing his eyes, taking it threateningly. "There's only one of her, and she's mine."

"I meant a girl who would be as tolerant to put up with as much as Indie does with you....like all the time." Calum rolled his eyes, he had being increasingly bitter, chain smoking, drinking liquor from boxes, which was far from his standards of his love of alcohol, he was in a depressing state I suppose.

He missed the company of someone else, he needed to be loved, it was sad watching him, he was lonely.

"You know Cal, maybe you should get out of the house more often?" Luke retorted, which lately, his temper was about as short as Ashton's attention span.

Calum taking the cue, as always, slumped out of the room.

"You didn't need to be so rude to him, Luke, he's lonely. Can you blame him? I mean we've been confined to this house for ages. I wanna go home Luke." I pouted.

His face softened, he nodded, " I get that, I fully understand the fact you want to go home, but it's safety honestly, and you know how much I fear losing you and stuff." He kissed my forehead, trying his best to comfort me, "Heaven only knows what I would do if anyone tried to harm you."

We sat there for awhile, listening to the sounds of Michael and Zayn talking to each other like they were southern. In the time we sat there, I drew closer to his chest listening to his heart beat, and I felt for once, at home.