2 || the girl

Luna Heks. That's who Ruy bumped into as he was walking around the perimeter of Havenfield. Trying to get away from Biana, he thought. It was a relief that the person he found by the panakes tree was not Biana, quite the opposite. She had dark blonde hair with gentle waves, big eyes that were so blue they were purple, and freckles. She was also really short with an hourglass figure that any girl would kill for.

Her personality was also different too, she was the type of person who stayed in the shadows, couldn't care less if she was the center of attention—avoided it, she had so much will.

"I see you met Stina's sister—lucky for you, I guess. No one here has seen her in years, she stays away from people. She's really weird." Biana made a hand gesture to back up her words. "She's adopted, not a real Heks. She's also talentless..." Biana went on and on about things he didn't want to hear and when she seemed to finish he nodded.

"Let's go then," She smiled and grabbed his hand, "Grady is going to get the truth soon." She led us into the stables to our friends, but they didn't acknowledge that we came. They were all looking at the dinosaur, Verdi's, containment pen. And there, in the sunlight, was Luna Heks and she was petting the green monster. Rubbing her underbelly with a laugh, "Hi, Verdi, did you miss me?"

The dinosaur roared, "I missed you too." She stopped petting the dinosaur and quickly put her hair up in a low ponytail, but then she had this look on her face—fear. She quickly dropped her hair back down, but not before Ruy saw the brutal slash on the side of her neck. Though he must have imagined it because as he looked again it was gone, all he saw was two violet eyes looking down at him. Her eyes widened and she looked away fast.

"You all saw that right?" He asked his friends, talking about the scar.

"Duh, the girl was totally checking you out." Keefe said, and then was whacked on the head by Dex. Biana let out a big sigh and Marella laughed at her.

"No, you mop-head! She loo—,"

"One, Dexy, do not whack me on the head. Two, do not insult the hair." Dex looked ready to kill Keefe, "Just let him talk, Keefe." Marella said, coming to the rescue for her boyfriend.

"She looks like an older—,"

"Older version of Sophie." Fitz cut him off and finished the sentence for him. This peeked Ruy's interest, "You mean the dead Sophie Foster? The one you said was dead, Dex."

"She was dead! Stars, do you think I'd lie about that, her body was broken and she had so much blood on her." Ruy was about to ask if Dex saw a gash that ran down the side of her throat, when Fitz asked if they checked her pulse. "There couldn't have been a pulse! Okay! If her neck wasn't broken, then her spine was—she's dead. That right there is just karma for what we've done to Stina."

Before anything else could be said, Edaline and Grady rushed past them to Luna—who suddenly looked uneasy. They were all up in her space, despite her trying to keep stepping back, "Personal space please." The girl looked like she wanted to leave so badly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm in a rush. I-uh, have a family dinner to get to, so I just have to check on two more animals and I'll be on my way." She walked to the Gorgodon's enclosure, and we followed her not caring about Alvar anymore. She walked into the snarling creature's pen with no fear. How is it that she's afraid of harmless Edaline and is not afraid of the ugly beast.

She stuck her hand out and the beast ran for it, mouth open. He was just about to call out to her, but she started talking, "Hello, my pretty. Do you remember me?" The Gorgodon dropped and Luna petted it like a dog. "How can such a beautiful creature be made by such a horrible lady?" She walked right behind it, stepped over it's poisonous tail and touched it's wings. He was going to call for her to watch out but the next words that came out of her mouth stopped him.