6 || the cell

They had made it all the way to the new cells under Candleshade when Ruy called out, "It's awake!"

"And it has a name. What have you bloody done to me? My body feels like lead—usually when people wake up from sedatives, they can feel their toes." She snapped, then a few seconds later the whining started, "What's with the person swap! It was bad enough when I was with Blondie, now I'm with Broody—sorry buddy, but you scowl is not something that a girl wants to wake up to."

And right when they thought she was done, she wasn't. "So, PUT. ME. THE. BLOODY. STARS. DOWN. You lot have no bloody right to hold me." She snarled, and Fitz eyebrows rose, "Isn't there a law that you are to not lay a hand on a successor?" She glared at them as Ruy carried her down the stairs.

"It's called I didn't know, nor did I care at the time. Now tell me why I cannot bloody move!" Ruy snickered, "If only your mouth couldn't bloody move."

"'If only your mouth couldn't bloody move.'" She mocked, "Trust me I do too...Did you know that when people are drugged they tend to have loose lips—stars, that's what I mean."

"That was the plan, little traitor." Ruy said as Biana walked in, and he visibly tensed.

It was a big fact that Biana had this huge crush on Ruy, finally giving up on Keefe.

Biana was their jailer, being basically the only person to stand being around the prisoners they kept here. Leaving Kerys with her will surely test that, "I swear, stars, I'll tell you everything you want to know if you get me away from her. I will start saying things that go against every moral I have." So she'd spill stuff about the Black Swan? Did that mean their good looking captive was gay because she'd cave to Biana?

"Oh, you brought back a...child." She looks a bit distraught, "You boys sure you got the right one, the cells here aren't meant for little kids. She doesn't even seem that dang--," She was cut off by the small rebel and Keefe. "Do not finish that sentence."

Kerys smiled at Keefe, purely sinister. Biana finally saw Keefe, "Holy stars, did she do that to your face?" But it was something to fright about, his face looked terrible.

"Come closer, teal eyes, and you'll find out." She purred.

Biana totally dismissed the fact that the girl said anything, "What's her name, I need to keep the records."

Kerys stayed silent, Fitz finally got onto what Keefe and Ruy had. Kerys wasn't her real name, but the log still needed a name.

"She says it's Kerys."

"Well then, Kerys, welcome to your new and humble abode. Be seeing you around, little rebel."

Ruy deposited the girl in one of Biana's lackey's arms as she mumbled about not looking forward to it. "I'll go down there to make sure everything goes smoothly."

//

The lackey carefully set her down, more carefully than she deserved. Her eyes trailed him out, then her eyes focused on him, her pleading eyes. He was uncertain that this was the right thing, then he remembered what she did to Keefe's face. If that didn't mean she was a traitor it still meant she was a supporter.

She turned her back to him, looking out the window--the sun had started it's descent during the time it took to get her here. "There is one thing more beautiful than watching the sun rise." She looked back at him, noticing the sentries behind him, she shivered, but could have been because it was starting to get cold, "It's watching the sun set, the stars once again becoming visible. On any hard day, you know that the stars are always watching you, right along with the gods."

"Kerys, you need to think of your life choices. You must help us, or I am afraid to say there are going to be consequences. It'll me much easi--," She cut him off, turning around again. She faced him, but did not look him in the eyes. "I was only half listening, but Blondie said I would not be harmed. Are you just like your Councillors? Unjust liars."