9 || the truth

She stayed very still for a moment, before reaching out to grab the letter. It hurt like stars to move, but what was in the letter was much greater than the pain.

Moonlark,

This must sound like music to your ears and ironic as fuck, but the Neverseen need your help. We need the help of the Black Swan, and you need us. We are facing a threat much bigger than us, we want humans to be controlled under us, but what is going on is much worse. They are planning a genocide, and we go with them.

They are exterminating the humans because they are killing this earth, when in fact it's not only them.

After them we are next, it doesn't matter anymore that you are trying to stop us, that you are good and we are bad, they don't care. We are undermining them and they feel threatened, and you know very well what they do when they feel threatened.

Everyone thought me dead when I was captured, Glimmer Reyes. That was a name on the list you got right? They are killers, torturers. My people found out because they thought they killed an older member who was imprisoned for centuries, she was not dead and got help.

It's a common fact that you are missing, so as an act of good faith my people helped you. You will find that the restrictor no longer works, get out of there as soon as possible. They may seem kind, your old friends, but they are anything but.

Vespera told me that she saw Jolie there. I know you have a connection with her and I'm sorry. Unlike us she didn't make it. As another act of faith, we got Prentice Endal out, we know he means a lot to you.

Get out fast, Glimmer

She looked around, getting a better look. Something woke her up, and it wasn't Glimmer. Nothing was wrong, no one was in there with her, she was unsupervised. She could get out.

She looked around one more time and spotted something different, there was movement. The door quietly shut, but she heard it nonetheless.

Heavy footsteps made their way to her and she stiffened, wishing that she was a vanisher. She didn't see who it was, but she freaked the stars out. She kept jerking back and back and back until she fell off the damned bed.

A coughing fit started, and she screamed. Her legs were still wrapped in the blanket so she couldn't get up. She was trapped in an unknown location, bound, and scared shitless. Well isn't this a familiar sight.

She heard a soft rumbling voice, well not the voice, but the hum. Sophie's hair was covering her face and she couldn't see anything.

The footsteps got closer and she screamed again, strong hands grabbed her, "Gods, calm down!" She did not. She kept screaming, Sophie thought that she kicked him in the stomach, but she got lower. The man let go and groaned, "Fuck!"

Her breathing became labored, something was wrong. "Can't...breath,"

The man got up and she saw Dex--no techno, that's what she was going to call him. He lied to her, he's the same as the Vacker's. He didn't deserve to be called by his name.

"Breath, nothing is wrong. You're having a panic attack," That couldn't be true, she never had those before. His hands were on her arms again, "Stop touching me...personal space."

"I'm not going to hurt y--,"

"Stop right there techno, you may not have hurt me, but your friends have. And you lied, there was limbium in the cup. Silly me, to think I could trust you." She had a sick smile on her face, "That wasn't me, that wasn't--," She cut him off, she was still on his ass even if she knew it was Glimmer who did that to her.