End of Act I Celebration!

I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater

(gonna be based on the real kotlc)

Keefe remembered the song that Sophie was singing a few weeks ago. She told him it was called 'Heather' and that it was a popular song in the Forbidden Cities. But he knew there was more to it than she was letting on, so he wanted to surprise her.

He took a random trip to the Councillors to ask for permission and they granted it, surprisingly.

Looking at the streets of San Diego, he spotted a girl, and went up to ask her what Sophie was telling him about the song. She looked up at him in shock, and her eyes opened saucer wide.

"Are you some sort of movie star?" She blurted out, a blushh highlighting her cheeks.

He laughed and flashed her one of FItz's movie star smiles, "No, I'm not, But I am in need of some assistance--a favor--and I was wondering if you could help me?"

She nodded immediately, "Yes, follow me." She led him somewhere, "Oh, and by the way, my name's Macy."

Macy pushed her bleached hair over her shoulder and grabbed his hand, "C'mon, this way. Before I help you, you need to help me."

"Okay?"

//

Keefe was in her car and the song was playing on the radio, "Hey? Do you know what this song means? My friend was singing it and I'm so lost."

"Heather?" He nodded, "It's by Conan Gray, and it's about giving your sweater to your special person on the third of December."

Macy sounded like she was hinting at something, so he raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes, "That's how you're going to help me, handsome. Tomorrow is the third of December, and you're going to give me your sweater."

He was appalled, "But you said that I needed to give it to my special someone?" He deadpanned, "You're not my special someone."

It was quiet in her car, "Well a favor is a favor, you didn't specify anything. So I'm your special someone now."

Keefe scoffed, "Sorry, but I already have a special someone"--technically not a lie--"and you don't even know my name."

Macy rolled her eyes and stayed silent, and he could tell that she was trying not to smile because she knew she won. And it was pissing him off because this was all his idea.

Many minutes later she started talking again, "So first I want to buy sweaters, then I want to grab a bite, then I want to see my friends, then we are going back to my place so you can't run away, and then when it's finally the third you're going to give me the sweater."

"Possessive much," He muttered and she gave him a toothy grin.

"When I have such a strapping guy next to me I am."

//

Later that day Keefe was forced to endure shopping for a sweater and eating with the beast.

Sweater shopping was like hell, this girl was the total opposite of Sophie. She loved all things fashion and pretty--a mini Biana. It took her an hour to find him a 'perfect' sweater that would look good on her and got it in his size.

Then she dragged him out for burgers, and she told her that he was vegetarian, but she didn't care. She literally shoved the burger down his throat because she bought it and her parents wouldn't approve of him if he didn't eat meat.

That only made him not want to eat it even more--but then again, she still shoved it down there. To be honest it was okay, but it was still a part of something that is now dead.

"How would you like it if you were slaughtered and someone ate your meat?" She didn't answer him.

Then she decided to bring him to her house instead of going to see her friends because they would 'grab him up' because 'he was giving her the sweater tomorrow and not today' meaning that he 'was still up for grabs'

He had to admit that her house was nice, but he preferred Havenfield anyday over it.

When Macy waltzed into her house he realized some things. She was spoiled and got everything she wanted. She was treated like a queen and treated everyone else like peasants. She was three years younger than him and was a major player.

But apparently she couldn't get everything she wanted because her parents made him sleep in a different room. If he could he would have kissed them.

//

Keefe's friends and family must have been worried about him by now.

He was stuck with Macy going to her school to drop her off. Because despite being over eighteen and her being under eighteen, she said it was fine--he didn't have an ID(he told her he left it at home) and he didn't have a phone(he told her his friend took it as a joke)

He honestly didn't know how this was going to work out for her, he didn't even know how to drive.

"You're not going to mess this up, right?" She asked and he gave her a half-hearted nod.

She grinned when he helped her out of the car. She was coming to school only to flaunt him off and leave. She was literally a mini Biana--or the old Biana.

Keefe lied. He made it five steps before messing up, "Amy?"

How was it possible for him to bump into Sophie's little sister? He thought the Council moved them after the brainwash. Amy remembered the past now, but that still didn't mean she should be in San Diego.

"Keefe?" She called, with surprise and delight in her eyes, "Is that Keefe Sencen?"

"In the flesh," He grinned, giving her a big bear hug.

"Does that mean Sophie's with you?" He chuckled, much like Sophie she always got to the point fast. "Wherever one of you goes, the other follows."

Keefe was about to answer when he heard an outraged shriek and lots of laughter.

Macy was fuming red with rage, looking like she was going to explode any second. She held out her hand, still ready to make this work. But he had another idea in mind, he took off his sweater and gave it to Amy.

"Sophie wouldn't want you to freeze to death," He told her, hugging her and kissing her forehead--like an older brother would do(😎) "I'll make sure to tell her to call you."

She smiled at him, "And make sure to tell her how much you love her."

Macy was screaming in the background now, people had to hold her back from raging at Amy.

"You wish you were Heather."

//

Keefe walked back into the sweater store that afternoon, buying a red sweater that he was sure Sophie would love.

Then he teleported back to Havenfield to find Sophie sitting at the roots of Calla's pancakes tree. "Hey, Foster--"

Sophie shot up and lunged at him, tackling him to the ground. "Keefe Sencen, where were you?"

"A polyester store." He smartassed.

Keefe grabbed her arm and hummed the tune of the song as he handed her the red sweater.

The shock was clear on her face, "I still remember the third of December, you in my sweater..."