21 || the fake

Biana looked down in horror. On the ground before her lay Sophie Foster, alive. She was alive and gorgeous and...well, and she was a traitor. And she was also barely breathing.

"Dead," Marella yelled, taking her out of her trance, "We are all going to die because of you!"

"No, you are all alive because of me." Ramzi corrected, thinking that she was right for harming the blonde.

Oh, how she wanted to punch that look off of the dumb elf's face.

Oralie scoffed, obviously pretending that she didn't care about Sophie who didn't look like she was breathing anymore. "No, Miss Redek is correct. The Black Swan is going to kill all of us for what you did to their Moonlark."

Biana could tell that Dex and the rest of the group were on edge about their old friend popping up in thin air saving Kesler then almost dying for that. Sophie was in hiding for six years, then all of a sudden makes a couple appearances in front of them. Anyone with a brain could see that this was an oddity.

But as soon as she recognized the blonde, thoughts came flooding to her. And maybe they were selfish, but she would finally get her chance to apologize, she could make up for the lost time, she could have the friend she never got to have back. Then all of a sudden a stab of a needle from that asinine elf is killing her chance.

And it wasn't like she could bend over by Dex and try to calm her once-friend, the Councillors were watching them. This was basically a test, and Biana was going to fail if she looked down at her broken friend. Then that's exactly what she did, she looked down.

Sophie was turning blue, the same thing that happened the last time with the Nogganese and the truth serum, but happening at a much faster rate. Her throat looks swollen and there were little bumps covering her golden skin, along with scratch marks.

Biana was about to go down, but then her brother shocked her by falling to the ground first.

She watched as her brother picked up the blonde's head and rested it on his knees. He gently went through her pockets, "What are you doing?"

"You all still remember that she is a telepath, right? She whispered in my mind about there being something to help her in her pocket." He told them.

"Why would she have it in her pocket?"

"Because after what happened the last time with the truth serum, she has been really cautious. And it looks like the caution paid off." Fitz replied to Ruy's question.

Then he wasted no more time, picking up Sophie's hand and—not very gently, because he was a bastard—injected whatever was in the syringe that he pulled out from her pocket. And when he pulled the needle out, it was evident that this had happened before. Biana could see the scars that formed on her old friend's skin from other times she's done that. Three times to be exact.

A few minutes later the swelling went down, and she could recognize the pretty face again. Her friend was also breathing regularly, and surprisingly the scratch marks on her arms were healing.

Soon everything was back to normal, but the small blonde girl still never woke up.

The Council then made it their mission to watch over her and make sure she was questioned and never escaped. They left after those parting words, and instantaneously Sophie woke up.

"Oh, goodie, they're gone. I thought that they would never leave, and then I would actually have to fall asleep." She said, then did a kick jump to stand up. Sophie walked up to the bars she was behind and leaned upon them. "Do I really need to be in here? I'm not going to kill anyone, or go anywhere for that matter. I came here to speak to you all."