23 || the memories

"And the last ones are the reason I need to die."

//

this chapter is going to be all memories so they are going to be in sophie's first person narrative. also tw! this might get a bit violent because sophie is not a pacifist and seriously doesn't want to be...

//

<Sophie torture memory with Dex [12]>

I was tied to a chair in an unknown room, even after days of transmitting and trying to search the memories of the elves holding me captive. They gave nothing away and each time I tried they would beat the ever loving crap out of me—burning me, whipping me, stabbing me.

One day was particularly evil. Someone threw a bucket of ice cold water on me, the chill going through my bones. But it turns out it was ice cold gas, because as soon as I shook the sleep out of my eyes I could smell burning flesh.

And the sad thing was that the smell was worse than the pain. I stopped feeling anything a few days ago—or what I thought was a few days ago. I had no sense of time down here.

The Neverseen members came at different times, sometimes they would leave me alone to come back what seemed like hours later. Or sometimes I didn't get the pleasure of waited because the torture sessions were back to back.

And every time they would try to get me to say things that I didn't know. Like "Miss Foster, what are you?" "Miss Foster, who made you?" "Miss Foster, where is your base?" "Miss Foster, tell us and we'll stop torturing you and your friend."

But I had no words for them so the torture kept going. But I had a gut feeling that today would push my last buttons.

I stopped screaming who knows how long ago, a whip damaged my vocal cords by tearing into my neck and throat. I don't think I could even talk anymore, not that I did in the first place.

My open eyes closed, it would be all too easy to just leave the world behind. But for some reason I just couldn't die.

The smell of burning flesh got worse until a breeze blew it away, but the torture wasn't over yet. A hand snaked out and gripped my hair, "Just tell us what we want to know Miss Foster, and all this pain will end."

It was a new voice, not the pyrokinetic. This was the voice of the man who loved stabbing me—the one that the others were frightened of.

My eyes reopened at the feeling of something being dragged down my stomach. The stabby man was writing something, and I held my breath in agony.

F

O

R

S

A

K

E

N

"Gethan," Someone said, intervening, "I think it would be best if you stop, lest she dies from the blood loss."

<Sophie and Keefe being abducted [14]>

"It's not betrayal if I'm doing it for them." Was the only thing that echoed through my mind as I had a mini panic attack at being in the same cell that I was in all those years ago.

"I didn't believe it when Gethan said that he brought in the Moonlark again." It was the voice of the other pyrokinetic, the one who I realized was the old and dethroned Councillor, Fintan.