14 || the gala

Ruy was waiting with everyone, but he was getting bored and irritated. Ramzi wouldn't leave him alone; asking him how he thought her dress looked on her. She kept making excuses to touch him and leaning over so he could see her...everything.

She really couldn't even call what she was wearing a dress, it barely covered anything. He waited to see a brunette with cerulean eyes walk through, but as he thought she wasn't coming. "Figured not," He mumbled to himself, drawing attention from Ramzi.

 "Figured not," He mumbled to himself, drawing attention from Ramzi

"What was that, Ruy?" She said in a sweet voice.

He stared at her and realized that the others were staring at him. He must have said that louder than he thought he did. "Nothing," He said with a fake smile, that she believed because she smiled back and acted like a simpy fool.

Ruy resisted the urge to roll his eyes, the demure good girl act wouldn't work now. He didn't roll his eyes, but he glared at her. He couldn't tell if the blush on her face was from anger of sheer embarrassment, he hoped it was the latter.

"Not everyone is here yet," Biana said as she walked up closer, but honestly; no shit she wasn't here, "We are missing three parties. Wylie who is coming with his friend. Tiergan said he passed his invitation down to his adoptive son who is coming in his stead with a friend. And the Heks'."

They gathered closer together when the horn blared signaling the appearance of a party, the announcer read the names, "Presenting Lord Wylie Endal and Linnette Shade."

"I've never h--," Apparently they must have all come as a group, Ruy didn't even get a chance to look at Wylie's companion when the horn blared again, "Presenting the Lord and Lady Heks, and their daughter."

It was a few minutes and the last party still didn't show, "Tiergan's ambassador has yet to show," Dex muttered, "And speak of the devils," And they will come.

"Presenting Lord Thomas Shade and Lady Jodee Ruin." The Lady's name sounded familiar somehow, but he didn't know from what.

He looked over the Lord and Lady. The Lord had a commanding air to him, he was someone to watch out for in a fight.

"Aw man, there goes all the girls who like me, Fitz, and Ruy." Keefe whispered, taking Ruy out of his trace, "And he doesn't even have good hair, it's legit what his last name is. Shade-y." He would have laughed at Keefe's pun if it were not as quiet as a dead night.

He looked at the Lord once more, and the Lord had the gull to meet his gaze head on. There was something familiar about his misty silver eyes, something that he hadn't seen in a long time. Something that reminded him of—someone he used to know.

He looked at the Lady who had yet to look in their direction, only looking down at the ground. She turned her head a little and something shifted and came out the top of her dress, but it was too obscure to see what it was.

"Gods, holy gods." Keefe breathed next to him.

His irritating friend was right though, even if the Lady has yet to look at him. He could tell that she was a stunner and that she was all the Lord's. She leaned into him as he fixed her hair.