4 || the apothecary

Keefe had returned to Shores of Solace late at night, thinking about the girl in purple. There were lots of reasons for keeping him awake, one, she looked familiar, two, she was very powerful, three, Fitz said something was up when he was in her mind, four, what the guy said about her, and five. He was so sure that she was the one who followed them to the creak, but then she just vanished into thin air.

When he went to check whose emotions were behind the large tree, no one was there, just a large trace of anger and longing. He thought it was weird that after a long time of searching for a male as a Moonlark they got nothing and when they just learned it was a lady, a lot of people were suspicious.

He hadn't felt strong emotions without touching someone in a long time and Fitz wouldn't complain about not getting into her mind if it hadn't been a long time since something like that happened. Coincident? He thought not. Dead girl who might still be alive? Stars, that just might be.

"Who was that?" So Biana had seen something too. "I saw a flash, a shadow, then it went back to normal."

"What flash?" Everyone asked her, "It was this big flash, you didn't see it?" Biana looked shocked, like she was talking to people who were losing their minds. She was the one who was in fact losing her mind, it was five against one, but she was the only, "Vanisher."

"Yes, my thoughts exactly. Do you remember what Calla said, before she turned into a tree? Plant life could see me, and if I tried hard enough I could see other vanishers. Holy stars, someone must have been spying on us and vanished in their light leap away." It sounded like the logical answer and Biana was onto something.

"I have a gut feeling that this has something to do with the blonde girl that smashed the fruit on Fitz." Ruy said, "She looked so familiar, I just can't put my finger on it. If only we could have seen her face. She has violet eyes and dark blonde hair and is short, gods, it's at the tip of my mind."

"Violet eyes? You saw her eyes?" Fitz asked, curious, "Wait, you didn't?"

"She didn't look me in the eye, but when I was in her mind. I don't know, it was like she knew I was in there. Her mind was clear and I was about to search when I hit a wall and then she sent me this really graphic scene--one that I will try to burn from my head." Fitz looked put out, but Dex--the brains, literally--looks like a lightbulb just lit itself.

"You both haven't felt anything like that since...Sophie, right? And Luna just resurfaced, with dark blond hair and violet eyes. We also just figured out that the Moonlark is female. Do you think this is all connected?" No one talks for a long time, but Dex looks like he just extinguished his own lightbulb. "Nevermind, it can't be, Sophie is dead and Luna is talentless and the Moonlark is vicious."

//

Keefe woke up early in the morning and headed to Slurps and Burps, he needed prank supplies. He was also hoping to find Dex, it was very possible Sophie was alive if Dex hadn't checked her pulse--he never did see that Forkle dude again.

He was checking out the hair dye, it was for Biana, when a lady walked through the door, "Hello Kesler," The elf looked up from his work and smiled at the woman, "Kerys, it's so good to see you. How long has it been, dear." It intrigued him that out of all the times he's been in this shop, Kesler has never greeted him like that.

"I believe it's been a few months actually," Her accented voice filled with laughter, Keefe got a good look at her, chestnut locks--bangs--and cerulean eyes. "I needed to get contacts and skin elixirs though, stars, I can't prank anyone if I don't have the bloody supplies." He was more interested in this now, fully turning to the lady and surprised to see she was looking at him too. She was younger than he thought, maybe sixteen if not a bit younger.