3 || the fruit

Sophie was only slightly pissed—oh, who was she kidding, she was very pissed. Exillium was a place for the rejects and those preppy golden children should not be here, especially when they have questions about her. But she was smooth, The real Moonlark died with Sophie Foster. She replayed his reaction over and over again, it was just so damned hilarious.

She had a thought about who these kids were, and she was right. She distracted them all day yesterday and it looked like she'd have to do it today too. They were really dumb if they thought that she hadn't noticed them trailing her, it was pretty obvious—plus she could sense their minds.

They all looked fine, time treated them well—as did replacing her with Marella and that Ruy kid. He was—no. She had to shove him in the box with the rest of them. They were unknown to her, dead, and that was fine. Sophie already had the twins, Stina, Wylie, and the triplets to look out for. She didn't want to have to watch over six more children, so in the box they went.

She made her way back to the purple hemisphere, all eyes on her and not the coaches. Sophie had gotten used to the stares, but it got pretty annoying. All she wanted to do was set someone on fire after the conversation she had with Lovers Boy. She also had to keep her mind open so the telepath didn't get that suspicious.

They were doing the levitating drill when she felt his presence in her mind. She made sure to reinforce the wall blocking the memories she didn't want to show him and sent a memory of her and Tam to the top. A dirty clip to make sure he stayed out of her mind, she was sure he saw it when a blue dropped and had to sit out for the rest of the activity.

Reds, blues, and purples just dropped as she, Linh, and Tam stayed. "Congrats, winners again. Stars, it's the third straight month in a row." Rohanna looked proudly at them.

After several more activities it was finally lunch, and guess who was in front of her. The damn telepath. I wouldn't eat that if I were you. You're new so you wouldn't know, but all the fruits here are bad for you. Sophie told him after he reached for a teal fruit.

Then why are you eating it? And don't tell me what to do. He sneered at her like an ungrateful ass.

You don't get it, boy. I have been eating this fruit for almost six years, the taste requires time—start from the red fruit. Stars, do you even know what type of fruit this is? It's the truth, you go from least to greatest, teal is high in the scale, red is low. I'm just trying to help you, it's your choice, just don't blame me later.

Sophie left him pondering over fruit and walked over to the twins. Tam was laughing at her so she assumed that he used his shadows to eavesdrop on her. She flipped him off and started eating the nasty fruit.

They were close enough to the group and the telepath to see that he didn't listen to her. He said something that his friends laughed at and took a bite—all his friends went in closer to see his reaction. He turned a shade of green and his friends laughed again—as did everyone else.

"I told you," She mouthed to him.

He went from green to red, she thought steam would actually come out of his ears. Before she could do anything else to annoy him a pale hand with long fingers gripped her upper arm. Tam's shadows went crazy all around them as he told her what the telepath said. Her shields must have gone back up if she couldn't hear it because he is a very powerful telepath.

When did he become such a jackass? He was so well mannered when she'd first met him, what—no she should not think about it. She shoved it down because if she had one single thought all of the things she pushed down about them would come back. She wasn't ready for that, stars, she was afraid she would never be ready for that.