❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
❪ ZERO ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HER STOMACH CHURNED IN HER SLEEP with a sense of danger, making her eyes snap open from whatever deep sleep she was in

HER STOMACH CHURNED IN HER SLEEP with a sense of danger, making her eyes snap open from whatever deep sleep she was in. For a second, she was frozen. Then, the sound of clanking metal caused Mae to jump up from the floor. She felt a surge of something in her chest──a feeling of betrayal but she couldn't remember why. And then, Mae felt a wincing pain on her temple. She reached up and presses her fingers against her head, only to pull it back with a sharp cry and blood-stained fingers.

The side of her temple was split and it put her in a state of panic. Why am I bleeding? Why can't I remember my name? Mae tried to think of something familiar about herself, something obviously that she would know but she couldn't. The elevator began to screech against the rusty wires, the second she tried to stand, causing her feet to sway as the metal box came to an abrupt stop and making her to fall back on her butt.

Mae laid firmly against the cold floor, waiting for the feeling of nausea to pass. There was an awful grating sound, one that made Mae wrinkle her nose in dislike as light shined down from above, making her blind.

Of course the most obvious question that rang through her mind was, what is going on? but the girl knew she couldn't answer her own question, so what was the point in yelling her concern to an empty box that wouldn't answer back? So she simply laid quietly for something to happen above her──hoping that she didn't bleed out.

She tilts her head left, her eyes squinting away from the sun and scanning the many crates around her. Something about this box seemed familiar. WICKED could be seen in bold letters across the crates but she couldn't remember what WICKED was──but the name didn't exactly sound inviting.

Her eyes began to water, the overwhelming feeling of danger creeping around her brain.

"What is it?"

She flinched at the sound of another person other than herself. Mae began to sniffle, her lips quivering, but again, she wouldn't dare speak out to them—maybe if they thought the box was empty they'd leave her alone.

Mae sits up slightly when she noticed the growing group of voices that seemed to huddle around the box, eager to see the prize inside.

"The box. It came up," Said another.

"What's inside?"

Someone scoffed, "How are we supposed to know if we didn't open it yet, slinthead!"

"Well then. . .what are you waiting for?"