❪ 𝟬𝟭𝟯 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
THIRTEEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

  FIRST ACT❪         THIRTEEN      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( description of self harm )

MAE KEEPS HER HEAD hung low as she walked past Alby's room, not wanting to see him tied to his bed as he tossed and turned in pain. She stood beside Jeff, who had allowed her to come along because she was a MedJack. Though, Gally was far from happy from being left outside, even though both Thomas and Minho followed in closely behind.

"Jeff, what's going on?" Newt questioned. "What's the matter with her? Why wouldn't she wake up?"

Mae frowned, "We all saw her come up at the same time, how're we supposed to know, Newt?" She says. The blonde raised an eyebrow at her attitude, and Mae quickly closes her mouth.

"What she's trying to say is, we got our jobs the same way you did." Jeff adds. "We don't know."

Newt turns to Thomas expectingly, "Do you recognize her?"

The boy falters, and Mae frowned at his obvious hesitation. "No," He said.

"Really?" He pressed. "Because she seemed to recognize you."

"What about the note?" Thomas changes the subject.

"We'll worry about the note later."

"I think you should worry about it now," Thomas insisted.

Newt clenched his jaw, "We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

"He's right, Newt." Jeff says, "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that." Newt tried to ease. "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We just. ." He thought for a moment, not knowing what to say. "We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Someone's got to have some answers around here."

"Mae," Minho muttered, catching her attention. She hums, looking at him. The boy discreetly points to her sleeve, which was seeping through with blood, his face twisted with worry. "You okay?"

Mae's breath sharpens. She'd forgotten the cuts were there, and out of nerves she scratched at her arm, opening the wounds that were trying to heal. Mae didn't noticed. She was overwhelmed with everything that didn't even realize she was hurting herself by mistake.

"Will you excuse me a moment." She tells them kindly, her voice barely above a whisper as she turned her arm behind her back and walked out of the room.