❪ 𝟬𝟮𝟮 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪       TWENTY-TWO    ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SHE CRAWLED HASTILY ON HER hands and knees through the vents, following Teddy through multiple corners

SHE CRAWLED HASTILY ON HER hands and knees through the vents, following Teddy through multiple corners. Mae was done asking him where they were going, just following his lead and hoping she wasn't making too much noise.

     The little boy kept glancing back at her once and a while to make sure she was still following.

     Then, Teddy had come to an abrupt stop at a dead end. Mae tilted her head at the light shining through the vent front the floor below them, which — from what she could see — was a silent hallway.

     He looked pleased with himself, but she couldn't be any more confused.

     "Teddy, what are we looking for?" She whispered. The boy scrunched his nose in response, simply turning his head toward an open section of the vents, "Teddy—"

     The sound of scurrying feet made the blonde freeze up, her eyes snapping toward a pathway. Her first worry is that they've been caught, but when Aris crawls through a section and made himself known, the girl had let out a relieved huff.

     That was until Thomas followed closely behind, looking as confused as ever.

     They locked eyes, and Mae felt the need to shrug her shoulders so he knew she had no idea what was going on either.

     "What are we doing here?" Thomas asked.

     "Come here," Aris waved him over. "Watch."

     Thomas crawls up beside Mae, and together the four of them had peered back through the vent, just as a group of Doctors came down the hallway.

     Mae could spot what looked like Dr. Crawford, followed by two other people on white coats.

     They carried what looked like a casket, the holographic panel exposing the body inside of it like an x-ray. Dr. Crawford swipes her keycard, and all three doctors walk inside before the metal doors closed.

     The exchanged happened so fast that Mae didn't register what had happened until they were gone, but what she did know was that the whole situation was unsettling.

     "What the hell was that?" Thomas asked.

     "They bring in new ones every night like clockwork," Aris explains.