❪ 𝟬𝟭𝟴 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
EIGHTEEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    MAE WOKE UP TO A ROUGH shake of her shoulder, her eyes snapping open in a panic to see Minho standing over her with a deep frown

    MAE WOKE UP TO A ROUGH shake of her shoulder, her eyes snapping open in a panic to see Minho standing over her with a deep frown. Still, in a dazed state, Mae reached up to rub her eye with a soft yawn, unaware of the tension in the room until she realized that Gally wasn't there and it was mid-day.

She frowned, why didn't he wake her up?

"We have a problem," Minho announced, gripping the sheets and pulling them off of her. She yelped, narrowing her eyes at him. He clenched his jaw in frustration, and Mae could sense that it wasn't toward her, "Get dressed."

Mae didn't waste time to questioning him, sliding off of the bed and not bothering to grab her shoes in the corner. She didn't stop to tie her hair back, and almost tripped behind Minho when she tried tightening the strings of her cargo pants while following out of her room.

"Is Thomas awake?" She asked him. Her eyes squinted at the sun, brushing a strain of hair behind her ear, "Had he gone through the Changing?"

"Thomas is in the Slammer," He informed.

Her face slowly falls, her steps increasing to keep up. "The Slammer? Wha?— why? What did he do?" She could hear Minho scoff a little at the question, and Mae raised an eyebrow, grabbing his shoulder and making him stop, "Minho, what's happened?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair to relieve some stress. "Gally's taken over. Shank's got everyone on his side, against Thomas and Teresa. He threw both of them in the Slammer, and by sundown, he's banishing both of them. And anyone who takes their side."

Mae felt lightheaded at his words. Taken over? Banishment? It's been less than ten hours, and now everyone was divided, "Why would he do that? I-I should talk to him—"

Minho shook his head and tugged her toward the Slammer, "We need to figure out a plan to save Thomas and Teresa. Hopefully, when that idiot wakes up, we'll have some real answers."

She bit softly into her tongue, forcing herself not to ask any more questions. She wanted to talk to Gally, sort this out and help him. But it was most likely why Gally let her sleep in, he knew that she would change his mind. He was feeding into everyone's fear, even his own just to keep her safe but at what cost?

But, instead of acting on her instinct to find Gally, Mae gave a firm nod and followed Minho toward the Slammer — where Newt and Chuck stood over, talking with Teresa.