❪ 𝟬𝟭𝟳 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
SEVENTEEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE STOOD IN FRONT OF the South doors with a torch in her hand

     MAE STOOD IN FRONT OF the South doors with a torch in her hand. She narrowed her eyes down the dark passageway of the Maze, letting out a shaky breath when a breeze pushed out from the doors with an anticipating chill. Still, Mae stood firm in the front with Teresa and Thomas at her side.

     A loud boom from inside the Maze makes everyone reach up to cover their ears — then every door began to pull apart at the same time. Mae's eyes fleet to the small group of Gladers separating toward each of the doors, a bad feeling creeping up in her chest.

"Chuck, go to the Council Room and start barricading the doors," Thomas tells the boy, who instantly nodded in agreement.

"Winston, you go with him." Newt ordered.

"Get the others. Tell them to go to the forest, go hide! Now!" Gally bellowed to the Builders, motioning them to take any Glader on their way.

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you could find," Thomas said lowly to the Runner, "I'll meet you at the Council Room."

Minho nods, turning toward Newt and squeezing his hand before motioning for Frypan to follow, "Let's go."

"Teresa, Mae," Thomas walks up to them, "We're gonna go get Alby, all right?"

Gally shakes his head, "Absolutely not."

"I wasn't asking," Thomas states.

The sound of screaming made everyone go quiet. Gally's hand wraps tightly around Mae's, watching a group of boys run away from a doors, their yells of warning were too far away to hear, but the group could only make out one word.

"Griever!"

A loud and familiar whirl of metal could be heard from the door right in front of Mae, and when she turned her head she saw not one but three Grievers rolling their way.

"All right, everybody hide!" Thomas yelled.

In a panic, a dozen boys tumbled in between Gally and Mae, causing their hands to break apart and send the other tripping into a different group. She could hear Gally scream her name over the chaos, pushing himself through the crowd but Mae couldn't see him through the darkness.

A soft hand clasped around her wrist and Mae's panicked eyes locked with Teresa, then before the girl knew it she was being dragged by Thomas into the tall corn field.