❪ 𝟬𝟮𝟲 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪       TWENTY-SIX    ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE COULDN'T SEE MUCH BEHIND THOMAS AND NEWT, both boys standing firmly in front of her as the group followed the short-haired girl, who looked only a year older than the blonde

     MAE COULDN'T SEE MUCH BEHIND THOMAS AND NEWT, both boys standing firmly in front of her as the group followed the short-haired girl, who looked only a year older than the blonde. Mae being one of the oldest in her group of companions. Mae felt Teddy squeeze her hand, and to reassure him, she softly squeezed back.

"Oh my. . ." Frypan trailed from behind her, looking around the warehouse with a shocked expression.

Mae mirrored it, surprised that these people still had power at the edge of nowhere in a storm.

"How did you catch them?" Thomas asked the girl in front of them, his eyebrows furrowing in curiosity.

"Catch them?" She repeats, a soft scoff escaping her lips, "What do you think, we're stupid? We don't catch them. We just take precautions when people start to turn."

Mae's face twisted a little, "Those people are your friends?"

"That you chained up?" Teresa added in, sounding annoyed.

"People," She repeated Mae's words, "Those aren't people anymore. Besides, it's no worse than cutting them loose to Crankland."

"What the hell is Crankland?" Frypan voiced.

"With how many they have back there, they might as well call this Crank Palace," Teddy muttered, shaking his head a little.

"You guys aren't from around here, are you?" She drawled, looking over her shoulder as she pulled open a door.

The Warehouse itself gave off a very eerie feeling, the dark tones made her eyes strain and every time she inhaled it tasted like dust. The eyes of grown men followed the blonde's every move.

"Come on, keep up," She sounded more amused than anything, "Jorge wants to meet you."

Mae wasn't paying attention when she accidentally bumped into a man who appeared at the staircase before she could blink. Her face heated up in fear as he towered over her, glaring.

"M'sorry," She apologized lowly, her blonde waves curtaining the panic in her eyes. She felt Teddy's fist curl into her jacket.

"That so?" He asked her, "We're taking in strays now?"

He was sizing her up, showing dominance when it didn't need to be shown. Minho had stepped between them with a blank expression, almost completely unbothered as he barricaded Mae. The Runner didn't have to say a word to the man for his words to be clear: try me.

"Back off, Barkley," Brenda snaps, walking down the steps, "Jorge saw them first."

At this, Barkley seemed to step back just slightly. But Minho didn't move an inch until Newt dragged him up the staircase, not scolding him for something he would've done himself.