❪ 𝟬𝟯𝟯 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . THIRD ACT
THIRTY-THREE ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     Maeve's fingers curled into the dirt pile beside her father's grave, the soil soft in her fist as she sprinkled what was left of their healing Earth onto the coffin of a man that she wouldn't remember missing in the near future

     Maeve's fingers curled into the dirt pile beside her father's grave, the soil soft in her fist as she sprinkled what was left of their healing Earth onto the coffin of a man that she wouldn't remember missing in the near future. Her blue eyes fill with fresh tears.

     She steps back into the crowd of doctors— that was the only family Maeve had ever known, doctors and scientists in white coats.

     "I'll see you back on the moon," She says mutters to the head stone, a phrase her dad used to say whenever he left for long days at a time, promising to come back to their moon shuttle, the walls of WICKED that he wanted to make the best of, make their safe space, their home.

     A saying that she would later twist into some form of afterlife for herself and her friends from what little memory she could stem— in a way, asking her father to guide her friends to where she hopes to reunite with all of them.

     Maeve keeps her head up, "You killed him." She says under her breath, enough for her mother to hear.

     but Ava Paige doesn't stir. She crossed her hands on her lap and keeping her head straight forward. A single tear falls, that was the only thing that reminded people she was human. That she loved even if it was just a little. She said nothing.

     Maeve always wondered if that little love died with the remains of her husband, giving the woman bitter stings in her chest when she looked at her, a reminder of someone that was gone.

     The girl looks back at the grave slowly.

This was the memory that she remembered from the Glade, wearing all black, with a blonde woman. It all clicked together in hazes.

     There was nothing said between them. Not even after the small service, not even after everyone had left and it was just them alone. Nothing. No words.

     It was suffocating for her.

     She was angry and she wanted to snap.

     So, Maeve stomped into their living room, where her mother was sitting in her favorite chair looking out at the city that she thought she helped keep standing. Supposed the luxuries, like the penthouse they stayed in right down the block from WICKED headquartered, made it worth it.

     "You had him killed, haven't you?" Maeve says in the doorway, her voice lingering. She wasn't crying anymore, if anything the fourteen year old sounded void of any emotion.