❪ 𝟬𝟮𝟴 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪       TWENTY-EIGHT    ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

          "𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆?" , the four words were softly spoken but still made her head spin

          "𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆?" , the four words were softly spoken but still made her head spin. Newt crouched down in front of her, holding a cup of water with a sour expression. His blue eyes scanned hers with worry, reaching forward to brush a piece of blonde hair away from her face, "Here, drink this."

     Mae shook her head, pushing the cup away and trying her hardest to sit up only for another headache to form. Her eyes burned and her throat felt scratchy, but the girl continued to refuse her friend's beverage until she was sitting up enough to look around. Thomas was still unconscious in the corner, Teresa fussing over him as Minho continued to tell her to relax.

     Brenda sat idly on the other side of the couch Mae was laying on, twirling a knife in her hand as she avoided the blonde's presence like the plague. She was staring at Jorge, who — up until this moment — was circling a man in a chair, the same man who had given them that fowl drink. He was tied down, bloody.

     She noticed Teddy pacing, tugging at his hair. She smiled softly at him, lips chapped and eyes still unfocused. The little boy smiled back, even giving a wave before continuing his pace near Frypan who looked like he wanted to wack him over the head in annoyance.

     "I'm not asking," Newt responds, shoving the cup against her lips. She reluctantly lets him, feeling the cold water ice her body and soften her hoarse throat as the liquid spilled from the sides of her mouth, "I should throw you to a Griever for being so shucking reckless."

     "How did you find us?" She quickly cuts, her eyebrows furrowing on her smooth skin as she calculates his every move, "Was anyone hurt?"

     Newt shakes his head, "Nah. Minho's too stupid to die," He reminds. The Runner nods in agreement, turning back to his conversation.

     Thomas stirred awake with a heavy breath of panic, his eyes going wide as Teresa leaned over him with a relieving soft smile. He paused, a slight smile on his lips at her presence before his eyes tore away from her blue ones for another shade. His eyes lock with Mae from behind her, and he releases a breath he didn't know he was holding.

     Minho's face popped between their gaze with an amused grin, practically hanging over Teresa's shoulder now as he says, "Welcome back, you ugly shank," He greets cheerfully.

     Thomas licks his lips in faked annoyance, sitting up slow with a soft grunt. His eyes landed on Brenda and the memories of the club surfaced. He had danced with them, he remembered the way his hands touched and tugged on them with the sole intention of curiosity — well, he knew that was his case for Brenda, but Mae on the other hand. . .