❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟰 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  FIRST ACT
❪         FOUR      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE SHE ARRIVED TO THE GLADE, Mae felt a sense of dread when she walked into the council room

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE SHE ARRIVED TO THE GLADE, Mae felt a sense of dread when she walked into the council room. Minho, Newt, Alby and Nick were there, all looking pale and shaken but her eyes instantly landed on George, who was being tied down against a support beam. He was thrashing and screaming against the rag in his mouth, and it only worsened when Mae walked into the room. While she was busy helping Gally, Nick and George had gone into the Maze for one last explore.

And what came back wasn't George.

"Can you explain it again? So they can't hear," Alby spoke lowly to Nick, who looked pale and deep in thought.

"Nick," Mae came forward, placing a soft hand on his elbow. He leans into her touch slightly as she said, "What happened out there?"

"I don't know. . ." He says rawly, "I went ahead, exploring a pathway and memorizing it. I thought he was close behind but. . . I heard something weird, like metal. It sounded like gears turning."

Mae remembered when she was stuck in the Maze. Had he heard the same thing she did? Did he find the same pathway too?

"Then I heard George scream," He continued, they both look to George, who looked deadly, "But when I got to him, he was alone, and wouldn't speak to me the whole way back, and then—"

"He attacked Alby," Newt spoke up, arms crossed over his chest, "George must've saw something in that Maze. Now he's gone ballistic."

"All I did was step on his shoe, I apologized but," Alby rubbed his sore jaw and it didn't take a genius to guess what happened next. "He also mentioned a sting," Alby added.

Mae paled. Was it the Grievers? None of them had ever actually seen one, they only go off of what they hear from the Maze. Not only was there a freakishly loud creature out there, it could sting people too? How are they ever going to find a way out of there.

"What do we do with him?" Gally asked instantly, "Throw him into the Slammer?"

His suggestion made the others groan. Ever since Gally made the Slammer he was keen on using it every chance he got. Mae patted his shoulder in comfort when the idea was thrown out the window and he deflated.

Minho shook his head, "Something happened out there. I'm telling you, George wouldn't just attack Alby like that."

"Clearly," The Builder replied, motioning to Alby's bruised face.